• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Water shock and Magnet surf and Water Flash

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The following are water techniques for Ness... Some effects will work with other characters. Any move that will stop jump height, this will work for...

Water shock:

Basically input a jump while in water... RIGHT WHEN you input it quickly up b... PK T should come out for a little while as Ness sinks slightly downwards. Not many uses but may be used to prevent possible spiking, as you can curve the pk thunder a bit and possible tail whip an on coming foe.

Magnet Surf:

Same as water riding but you PSI Magnet. Ness will sink under a bit more and you can get the wave moving effect if psi magneting in the air. Great for going against the way of waves of pirate ship or trying to avoid a spike.

Water flash:

Same concept of Water shock but with PK flash. Simply just jump and flash. Press bit quickly and do not hold it or it will not work.

Ness should sink slightly under the water for all these tactics... he should never be out of it for these...

I'm unable to confirm that PK flash hits can someone do this for me? I know it explodes though.

If any needs a video for this I can supply one just ask for it...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Interesting concepts. Magnet Surf sounds like the most useful of the 3. the Flash and Thunder seem a bit... unneccessary, all things considered. I know once I am able to act in the water, I'm trying to bait a spike, or ledge thundering.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Figured these out with Lucas a while ago. All great ways to get spiked unfortunately. If you're lucky you'll get away with some free hits. If you're not lucky you just gave them a free stock. You're better off just getting out of the water as soon as possible and protecting yourself with aerials.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Actually, PK Flash is pretty useful in here. It comes out so fast (Faster than PK Freeze which is why u probably found it useless) and stuns the opponent enough to make them fall into the water.

The stun time for PK Flash forces them into the water, and Ness instantly spalshes down before them. This means they are both going to land in the water (Ness and opponent), but Ness is landing first in the water. This means he can get out first right after the opponent splashes down. It can then lead to a spike.

PK Flash's quickness and safe priority and range keeps him safe from most spikes unless they have huge ones like Ness and ROB.

I've used this when i was in the water competing for a water spike with someone else. Sometimes the match turns into both people falling in the water and racing to jump out and do a spike. If this happens, PK Flash can hit them as they try to jump out and spike you.

Works

Octane

Smash Rookie
I've tried all of these and the PK Flash is the one I think would be the most useful.

I've been testing everything for a while and found out that you can also do this using PK Fire. If you jump out of the water and double jump in a certain way Ness will go underwater a nice amount of distance. I'm not sure if the jump is a PK Jump or a double jump followed by PK Fire. It's really hard to tell. If you have invincibility(Starman) you can even go underneath the ship using it.

Top Bottom