• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Water Pulse, New AT for greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
While messing around with hydro pump I discovered that if you use the move on the ground and then immediately go into the ground down or diagonal, Greninja will fire a small orb of residual hydro pump water the opposite direction that you used hydro pump.

This orb has the same pushing properties as hydro pump without the lag of having to travel and land with hydro pump.

water pulse can harass attempted short hopped aerials and can help with edge guarding.

The most interesting use I have found is when you fire the pulse straight up after an Uthrow. this will cause your foe to fly to either side of you, making punishment from above a joke attempt.

Pics to come.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
I`m glad you found this out yourself, but this has been known since the first week after the release of the 3DS version. It`s even mentioned in the Advanced techniques thread as "Hydro Bubbling".

Spirst

Yes, like I said, if I remember correctly it was discovered during the first week after the 3DS version came out by which I meant the japanese version not the US one.
Oh, I wasn't replying to you. Had the post written in the textfield before you had made your initial reply.

Seeing as how this has been known for a while, doesn't need a separate thread. Dendros, PM me if you feel like this was done in error. In the future, I recommend posting here before making a new AT post to see if it's already known or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom