• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Water Bash Smash

pingding

Smash Apprentice
Address: 286 Vickville Road Marksville, Louisiana 71351

Venue is a game room in my house.

Venue Fee is $2
Pot fee $5 for singles and $10 for teams(five per person)

Melee Rules:

Same as Tipped Off:
4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Singles counterpick selectable stages: Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise

Doubles counterpick selectable stages: Rainbow Cruise, DK64

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Selectable counterpick stage for singles AND doubles: Mushroom Kingdom 2 Yes I am serious, its a Tipped Off favorite AND tradition. =)

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Project M Rules:
- ALL GAMEPLAY WILL BE DEMO 2.1 (or the latest version at that time)
- 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
- Sets are best of 3 rounds, Finals are best of 5
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Items and smash balls are set to off and none
- Any tactic to intentionally freeze, stall, or break the game is banned. (ex. Infinite Mario walljumping stall)

Official set procedure:
1. Both players select their character for ROUND 1. Either player may call for a Double Blind* at this time.
2. The stage for ROUND 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING**, unless a stage is agreed upon by both players.
3. ROUND 1 is played.
4. The loser of the previous round announces which group of stages he is counterpicking to (either "Neutral" or "Counterpick").
5. The winner of the previous round may choose two stages from said group that cannot be used during the tournament set(your two "ban" choices).
6. The loser of the previous round announces the stage from said group for the next round. Dave's Stupid Rule*** and player stage bans apply.
7. The winner of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
8. The loser of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
9. The next ROUND is played.
10. Repeat steps 4-9 until a winner is declared.
11. If both players agree, any rule may be altered/changed, excluding the 8 minute time limit, rounds per set, and bracket rules.

* Double Blind: All participating players must tell an official the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.
** The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1. (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking two stages, followed by Player 1 striking two stages, ending with Player 2 striking one of the two remaining stages). The round is played on the remaining stage.
*** Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.

SINGLES

7 Neutral Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Green Hill Zone

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- WarioWare
- Metal Cavern
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Skyloft

TEAMS STAGES

Starter:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Rumble Falls

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- SSE: Jungle
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Skyworld

Schedule
11 am Open sign ups for melee doubles(if not enough people show up singles)
11:30 - 12:30 pm melee doubles
12:30-12:50 pm sign ups for melee singles
1:00 - 2:30 pm melee singles
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm lunch break
2:40 pm - 3:30 pm project M doubles sign ups (if not enough people show up singles)
3:40 pm - 4:40 pm project M doubles
4:40 pm - 5 sign ups for project M singles
5 pm - 6 to 6:30 pm project M singles

I will be posting pictures of venue probably tomorrow.

If you have any questions you can either call me at 318-359-3796 or email me at Drlink302@yahoo.com

Please bring your own controller.

Please bring setups. I have two melee setups and three wiis with project m.

Please bare with me this is my first tournament I have organized.

BSP

Smash Legend
If you make a tournament, be sure to post it in the Louisiana Thread so it can get as much attention as possible

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Man just when I find a project m tournament near me... I see buffering is on. That's disappointing. I was going to come, and it was going to be my first tournament. Not sure if it's even worth it now.

I hope you know that PMBR's official stance on buffer in project m tournaments is that it should be off. Having it on invalidates tournament results...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
A buffer is a frame window in which button inputs can be input before your character can do them (such as if they are busy with another move or animation). The buffer will automatically carry out the action for you on the first frame possible despite having not put it in at the right time, essentially removing the need for frame precision from the game like it was in melee. Buffer is a huge part of why brawl is so easy compared to melee. Using it unbalances characters who require high frame precision to play, because those characters' high precision also run a high risk of error, until you add buffer. Then those characters run practically no risk of error because buffer makes their gameplay require almost no precision.

pingding

Smash Apprentice
Man just when I find a project m tournament near me... I see buffering is on. That's disappointing. I was going to come, and it was going to be my first tournament. Not sure if it's even worth it now.

I hope you know that PMBR's official stance on buffer in project m tournaments is that it should be off. Having it on invalidates tournament results...
to be honest i borrowed the rules from a another tourny and i didnt even know that was on there but i was planning on not even having buffer on

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
to be honest i borrowed the rules from a another tourny and i didnt even know that was on there but i was planning on not even having buffer on
You may want to mention that in the ruleset then. It could probably fall under the gentlemen's clause regardless, so if two people play each other and really want it on, it can still be one.
Now that you've clarified, I'll probably be attending if I have the means to. Marksville is still a pretty far drive for me though.

pingding

Smash Apprentice
You may want to mention that in the ruleset then. It could probably fall under the gentlemen's clause regardless, so if two people play each other and really want it on, it can still be one.
Now that you've clarified, I'll probably be attending if I have the means to. Marksville is still a pretty far drive for me though.
if you can come try to bring friends. hope to see here

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So do any of you guys live in the natchitoches area? i've been looking for people to play with up there to improve my game with during the school year, and so far I've only found a few casuals and semi-casuals, as I said before.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
So do any of you guys live in the natchitoches area? i've been looking for people to play with up there to improve my game with during the school year, and so far I've only found a few casuals and semi-casuals, as I said before.
A friend of mine is about to move out there to attend northwestern and is also looking for people to play with.
I can ask him to message you if you like?

ivan91994

Smash Rookie
I wonder...

I wonder who this mysterious Citrus person is? How does he know me and what business does Drinkingfood have with NSU? Jajaja.Yo Big-ups Citrus and good-looking out Drinkingfood, I was worried I would go to NSU, Jointhe Gamer's Guild, FIND NO SMASHERS. SO you goin?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I wonder who this mysterious Citrus person is? How does he know me and what business does Drinkingfood have with NSU? Jajaja.Yo Big-ups Citrus and good-looking out Drinkingfood, I was worried I would go to NSU, Jointhe Gamer's Guild, FIND NO SMASHERS. SO you goin?
Hoping to go, it is like a two hour drive from where I live tho.

Top Bottom