• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watching Replays, Man am I Sluggish

Jamaz

Smash Rookie
I win a good number of matches against competitive players but when I review some of the shorter matches my Ike is slow as hell! Other Ikes I've played against are lumbering oxes too. Chalk it up to Wi-Fi lag, but watching Kirk's vids he seems to flow into a lot of moves fluidly like it was offline. When I'm in training mode or playing friends I feel quick, but I don't know how to retain that online. Been trying to practice fast falling my nairs which is troublesome on Wi-Fi and RARs are hard to pull off quickly. I guess it's mostly delaying a fast set of commands? I'm not quite sure about the deal with attack lag either, like sometimes my short hop fast falls will allow me to go right into a AAA jab and other times I'll just land and look dumb for half a second.

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Yeah its mostly not your fault, its Wi-Fi's crappy internet structure.

If I were in your position i wouldnt really care if i were winning all the matches. If what you do works for you then who cares if you look dumb or fluid or not. I used to play with Luigi... Luigi the clumsiest and most idiotic charcter, but i was good with him so i didn't care if i looked stupid.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Yeah its mostly not your fault, its Wi-Fi's crappy internet structure.

If I were in your position i wouldnt really care if i were winning all the matches. If what you do works for you then who cares if you look dumb or fluid or not. I used to play with Luigi... Luigi the clumsiest and most idiotic charcter, but i was good with him so i didn't care if i looked stupid.
............................. That part made NO sense.

But we know what you mean :laugh:

Top Bottom