• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch the Team Robbie Combo Video!

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
well videos like these dont really show mindgames or anything, thats what is bad about them at least in my opinion. idk really. what specifically would you be talking about that we should practice more of to get better?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, far from flashy to say the least, The ICs stuff was pretty standard for combo vids (the chainthrowing/ wobbling), and i saw some decent Y Link playing in there too. but besides that, there isn't much strong comboing. It's awesome that you guys have a crew going, becuase once you have a crew, you'll start to get a lot better building off of each other's skills. Just try to play as many ppl as you can.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
yeah, cloudz ICs are pretty intense but his young link used to be better (so im told since i'm the newest memeber of the crew). and thanks by the way for that Scotu. you were the first person to acctually give constructive criticism on this which is what i hoped to get out of it by putting it up here.

CRocque22

Smash Rookie
I liked the music in your video. I also liked seeing a nice variety of characters. Most of the videos I've seen on this site just have a couple characters in one video. I'm not one who can give out advice for you. I'm still trying to get better.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
we thought that was pretty funny so it it had to go in. I wasn't there for that match so i have no idea if they just staged that for the heck of it. The Doc caping the iceclimbers dash attack 3 times in a row was pretty cool to we thought

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
The combos weren't terribly impressive as said earlier - and some of the combos and even movment seemed a tad jerky and umpolished (Y. Link falling off-stage after his d-air, Bowser about to get edge-hogged by mario when he was trying to fortress-hog across Yoshi's Story, stuff like that). Personally, I thought the segments featuring Mario and Doc were the best (incidentally, these were also the longest I believe, some of the clips were a tad short).

I do like the video though, and it's because of the comedy aspects of the video you've mentioned above. To me, at least, it seemed like you had a lot of fun making this, and didn't take it too seriously. Hopefully, as a crew you'll be to improve, and you'll be to make entertaining as well as technically impressive vids.

I'll give it a second watch with more specific criticism, I know I was rather vague.

*Edit* As mentioned earlier, chain-throwing is usually seen as rather bland for combo videos, unless the throws eventually lead to a combo (Marth CG on spacies to u-tilts -> F-smash is an example).

- The Doc combo that begins at 0:26 is what I meant earlier by "a tad jerky and unpolished". dash attack to missed d-smash to d-smash to cape to a u-smash-> u-air. The missed d-smash and ending a combo with a combo-ing tool (u-air) just seems a little abrupt, and kind of leaves the viewer hanging.

- The Y. Link Combo at 1:14 was good, even if it didn't result in a KO. Showed a player's reaction to a shielding opponent that resulted in a combo that seemed thought out.

- IC semi-juggle at 1:55, an okay string of attacks, but I still feel left hanging especially when a weaker hit like u-air is the finisher.

I think that covers the major points without being repetive/nitpicky. Hope I didn't sound mean, those were just what stood out to me the most that could be improved.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
honestly guys.

we totally rushed this.

we recorded all the matches in one day and then tried to find anything we could.

we definetly should have waited because we all DO do the advanced stuff and this video definetly doesnt show it. :/.

we will have to make it over and take our time

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
honestly guys.

we totally rushed this.

we recorded all the matches in one day and then tried to find anything we could.

we definetly should have waited because we all DO do the advanced stuff and this video definetly doesnt show it. :/.

we will have to make it over and take our time
haha you are right. a lot of the stuff we put in was repeated over and over again. though it was really fun to make and i am still proud that we were able to put it together in 1 day

we have to get my Fox in the next one and hopefully Gregs Game and Watch of he is really going to use it.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
By the way Cloudz, I really wanna record some matches with everyone but like before the tournament so we can get some more practice in and possibly have people critique them.

i wanna do like a best 2 of 3 set with both my characters vs. everyone else or something like that. and we should all do that or something idk just ideas running in my head

Top Bottom