• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch Every Move In Smash 4 Perfect Pivoted

Leland527

Smash Rookie
Hi... Again...

I've been reading through the comments and have stumbled across posts like "if we have this why play Melee" or "now since we have wave dashing will ssb4 be like Melee" and I would like to (again) state the two primary differences between wave dashing and this. The first is the less important, wave dash lengths are significantly longer. If you look at Marth he can use his long wave dash perfectly to give his grabs and forward smash insane range. More importantly though wave dashing is performed via air dodge and as a result you can wave land (a wave dash is performed by jumping and the quickly air dodging diagonally down so you slide while the game registers you as standing. A wave land is simply this but instead of jumping you air dodge down diagonally when you land) wave landing allows you to move across platforms at blistering speeds and in general gives movement a whole new set of options that perfect pivoting doesn't provide. Additionally this certainly doesn't make the game "like Melee" as Melee got to the speed it did with many more ATs then just wave dashing and also the game was overall faster (less floaty, moves actually killed at a reasonable percent) and perfect pivoting will not have a huge effect on the game.

Akaimizu

Smash Rookie
I do like this video. The funny thing is that I can see this being a tool used in the hands of some Smash experts. The main reason is that I can pull this off way easier, on the controller, than I can pull off some of Akira's key moves in Virtual Fighter. Anybody familiar with linking Akira's Knee or SPOD will know what is possible even in fierce competition. If Akira players can go crazy with such moves, I'd imagine some players putting this in their pocket.

Last edited:

Sterling Ford

Smash Cadet
NNID
coolboykain12
3DS FC
5112-3516-8831
Zaw dancing sounds weird....why that name I wonder?
Maybe SPPT (sliding perfect pivot turnaround) but I know it does not always slide so idk...
I think Zaw Dance is easier to say. This isn't the first time we have an AT named after someone *cough**cough* Ken Combo*cough**cough*

Sterling Ford

Smash Cadet
NNID
coolboykain12
3DS FC
5112-3516-8831
To all those asking about "why" this is getting popular... although this was in every Smash, it's now becoming far more useful because of the lack of movement options in Smash4 and because Smash4 has the offensive potential but lacked a faster movement option and spacing tool. THAT'S why it's big right now. Use your brains, now.

And ZAW Dancing? For real? Why not call it Pivot Dancing or something. That's just some hardcore ego-speak.
So KEN has an ego have a combo named after him?

Leon97

Smash Rookie
SoInstead of moving I stay in place. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Top Bottom