• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUU!: A Black Shadow Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I actually believe that his clone potential is Black Shadow biggest chance for being in ironically. I would really doubt a second Fzero original rep, since that even DK could end withouth an orignial third rep.

Wish you luck guys, at least he have a chance.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I was taking a look at the Black Shadow voting chance on Groose's Rate their chances blog, & I wasn't shocked at the results, but I couldn't help but feel people didn't know F-Zero has had over 7 game titles. And Mother / F-Zero are practically in the same boat sorta. F-Zero's had more games but not as relevant as of recently. I'm just surprised people only wanted B.Shadow for the dumping move-set change for Ganondorf being re-vamped is bummer to me.

Owell, I can help keep track of supporters for your list @GoldenYuiitusin :shades:.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was taking a look at the Black Shadow voting chance on Groose's Rate their chances blog, & I wasn't shocked at the results, but I couldn't help but feel people didn't know F-Zero has had over 7 game titles. And Mother / F-Zero are practically in the same boat sorta. F-Zero's had more games but not as relevant as of recently. I'm just surprised people only wanted B.Shadow for the dumping move-set change for Ganondorf being re-vamped is bummer to me.

Owell, I can help keep track of supporters for your list @GoldenYuiitusin :shades:.
The fact that F-Zero has about 7 games is completely missed by most people it seems. I don't know how well the series has sold, but it sold enough to warrant 7 games, at least.

As for Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's moveset... its not about "dumping" Ganondorf's moveset onto Black Shadow. Its about the fact that Black Shadow would FIT having that moveset. Ganondorf doesn't fit that moveset, and if Ganondorf gets a revamp, it'd be just as easy to update the old moveset and give it to Black Shadow. F-Zero definitely does deserve a second rep over Mother.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The fact that F-Zero has about 7 games is completely missed by most people it seems. I don't know how well the series has sold, but it sold enough to warrant 7 games, at least.

As for Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's moveset... its not about "dumping" Ganondorf's moveset onto Black Shadow. Its about the fact that Black Shadow would FIT having that moveset. Ganondorf doesn't fit that moveset, and if Ganondorf gets a revamp, it'd be just as easy to update the old moveset and give it to Black Shadow. F-Zero definitely does deserve a second rep over Mother.
One of your reviews in that Rate Chances blog was an eye-opener for me as well. Thanks for rating that chance btw. I considered terming it, "dumped" because I saw almost everyone mention BShadow doing fine with Ganon's old move-set. It just seemed like everyone took it for granted when BShadow has some potential to have a fresh move-set but I understand, it makes sense that it fits very well for BShadow. I think F-Zero deserves a second rep as well, F-Zero's Universe franchise has lasted 3 Smash Bros. generations being over a decade & more so I think it's time to have an extra rep now or for SSB5 definitely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One of your reviews in that Rate Chances blog was an eye-opener for me as well. Thanks for rating that chance btw. I considered terming it, "dumped" because I saw almost everyone mention BShadow doing fine with Ganon's old move-set. It just seemed like everyone took it for granted when BShadow has some potential to have a fresh move-set but I understand, it makes sense that it fits very well for BShadow. I think F-Zero deserves a second rep as well, F-Zero's Universe franchise has lasted 3 Smash Bros. generations being over a decade & more so I think it's time to have an extra rep now or for SSB5 definitely.
I definitely don't think it should just be "dumped" onto Black Shadow can call it quits. It needs some tweaking and updating for sure. And I still think Black Shadow should be fast on his feet and have a few faster attacks, but he'd definitely have more power and be a heavier character as a whole than Falcon.

D

Deleted member

So, more like Melee Ganon than Brawl Ganon.

As for supporters, once I get off my ass, I'll make a list.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
On a scale from 1 to 100%, what do you guys think are Black Shadow's chances now that Falcon is announced pre-release?

D

Deleted member

His chances in my eyes have not changed.
Still 50%.
Could be in, could not be in.

All I know is, there's no outside competition from F-Zero with Goroh being an Assist again.
But at the same time, that was true for Brawl after Goroh was shown as an Assist, and we saw what happened there.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm betting around 30% as well. To be honest, I would even be happy if he will be a Falcon Alt. I just want some freakin' 2nd f-zero reps!

D

Deleted member

If anyone would be a Falcon alt, it would be Blood Falcon before it would be Black Shadow.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I used to be cool with the idea of Black Shadow as an alternate costume, ultimately I thought about it more & more & I just don't wanna see it personally. I'm still all for Phoenix, Beastman, Captain Fabulous, Golden Falcon, Blood Falcon, & his blue team costume. Phoenix as his black jumpsuit costume > Black Shadow.

Edit: Nice I got 6 palette choices exactly

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
If there is a support list for Black Shadow I'd also liked to be signed on it. I feel he could be a great addition; he'd add a villain to the roster, give another rep for a long-time series represented in SSB with many entries, and could be of benefit to the SSB roster with a unique move-set or for taking on Ganondorf's current move-set (which I can understand why some Black Shadow supporters might be against, but it does offer several benefits).

In terms of unique move-set, his general design, his vehicle, and cutscenes within F-Zero GX offers plenty for playstyle and move-set possibilities. For specials he could use lightning bindings, bombs (perhaps even made speed sensitive), levitate his foes, charge at them with his bull horns, perhaps even summon Blood Falcon. His vehicle qualities could also play a part in how he'd work; his machine is capable of being very fast and sturdy but lacks boosting power. The lack of boosting power could apply to jumping capability, the speed of his attack, and/or give him a unique mechanic involving him having to build up speed, getting faster the more he runs and moves across the battle field but losing speed once hit. Overall though I do see him being a strong and heavy fighter, those qualities would be consistent.

As noted though, he can also benefit the series by simply taking on Ganondorf's move-set. Taking on Ganondorf's move-set still allows for the benefits of adding a 2nd F-Zero rep and a villain to SSB, whilst allowing Ganondorf to go on to have his own unique move-set without fans of Brawl Ganondorf missing out (such as myself). Sakurai does like Brawl Ganondorf, and has noted before that he doesn't like cutting characters because people grow to like the characters and their fighting style; this in turn takes down two birds with one stone.

I'm okay with either situation, as the overall merit is that he is a cool character and villain of a series deserving of a 2nd rep and of a game needing more villains.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Personally, I'm not an F-Zero fan. However if the series were to receive another character, Black Shadow should definitely be the second character.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Where are the Black Shadow signatures? He's my most wanted newcommer with Ridley but I don't have him in my sig ;_;

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Samurai Goroh was my original choice for a second F-Zero rep, but unfortunately he got AT'd again. Black Shadow should be the second rep for the series. I'd be interested in seeing what they do with him for a moveset.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think if EarthBound can get two characters, and Fire Emblem can get FOUR, F-Zero can get two. Just, please don't make any more captain falcon clones.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think if EarthBound can get two characters, and Fire Emblem can get FOUR, F-Zero can get two. Just, please don't make any more captain falcon clones.
That's basically the only way a second F-Zero character gets in. Ganondorf becomes original, Black Shadow gets the old moveset but updated well enough to fit him.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
That's basically the only way a second F-Zero character gets in. Ganondorf becomes original, Black Shadow gets the old moveset but updated well enough to fit him.
I wouldn't say it's the only way, there are ways to include F-Zero reps without having them being clone/semi-clones. As noted, Black Shadow could have a very different move-set with specials based off F-zero GX and his design, as well as attacks influenced by this, his vehicle, his personality, and his presentation.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It's all well & good that users are posting against semi-cloning / cloning treatment, I'm against it as well but it wouldn't be that bad. If it's the melee clone-scenario of :falconmelee: / :ganondorfmelee: then yes I would probably riot, that's too much identical cloning (I'm watching you :4lucina:. . .)
If it's the :falcon: / :ganondorf: scenario now we're talking. Ganon's differences were plenty enough from Falcon to no longer be bashed for being full-blown clone, with different knock-backs, animations, & hit-stun / lag to tell between the two. This is how I want Black Shadow to turn out, a semi-clone but with their own spice to each's plate, so that they taste different despite being the same food on both plates (bad metaphor?). Black Shadow's move-set can include :ganondorf:'s feel while becoming more bruiser re-vamping most of the darkness into black fire-based attacks, including the hoof-feet, the horns on his head / helmet / visor, & his powerhouse attacks.

Theory thinking: What if Ganon's Final Smash was foreshadowing towards Black Shadow in the near future? And the Black Bull reference to the TP Ganon transformation tied in?

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Agreed, that this is what's most likely to happen given how Smash usually implements characters and move sets.

However, like others have said it's not the only possibility.

Something else could be done with the move set.

It seems to make the most logical sense because it correlates well with some fan expectations and would take less development time to create. Which Sakurai may favor if his goal was just to beef the roster, but not take up too much time.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
If a support list is ever made I want to be on it.

His Japanese popularity is a good case for inclusion - especially given the game is made in Japan.
Ganondorf will be back, and his moveset is supposedly Sakurai's favorite, so that is almost certain to be back as well.
All we need is for the very popular decision of separating Ganon from his moveset to be made.

He is more popular than Lucas ever was, is a villain, is from a game with multiple international releases, he is from a series that has had a European release (at time of inclusion), his cloneliness would be beneficial (in helping Falcondorf become Ganondorf), He would be less:falco:and more:wolf:in terms of clonliness, and poisonally I prefer the latter.

Most importantly Smash loves a good meme and Black Shadow is already involved in one.:troll:

Agree with what others have said about Side B, Ganon can keep that.
His Final Smash can be making the Dark Reactor do whatever it was supposed to do, or just making it explode. (Like the Falcon Punch it would be scaled down to non-galaxy shattering levels).

No other F-Zero rep has a chance anymore, and Blood Falcon will, very likely, be an alt (although if he still drives the Blue Falcon I will consider it Captain Falcon cos-playing as the Blood Falcon yet again)

D

Deleted member

I've been watching subs of Falcon Densetsu, and one of the episodes last night during the "Bart Discussion" session at the end brought to light something that was rather interesting.

Black Shadow's birthday is August 15th. :awesome:
So...Black Shadow this Friday? :troll: With Ganondorf being revealed this Thursday for Hyrule Warriors release?

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I've been watching subs of Falcon Densetsu, and one of the episodes last night during the "Bart Discussion" session at the end brought to light something that was rather interesting.

Black Shadow's birthday is August 15th. :awesome:
So...Black Shadow this Friday? :troll: With Ganondorf being revealed this Thursday for Hyrule Warriors release?
Hype Hype Hype

I remember that. So good.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I can't believe Kid Icarus already has more representatives than F-Zero. The bias is real. At this point I'll take anybody, be it Jody Summer, Pico, Super Arrow, or Black Shadow. Poor Samurai Goroh. :(

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ever since GY's post about Black Shadow's life anniversary, other catalysts have been giving me a good vibe about Friday. MK Wednesday PotD was cool but I'm half-eggedly eggspecting something this Friday.:4yoshi:
I can't believe Kid Icarus already has more representatives than F-Zero. The bias is real. At this point I'll take anybody, be it Jody Summer, Pico, Super Arrow, or Black Shadow. Poor Samurai Goroh. :(
The bias & sudden game relevancy combined with the demand & popularity of the game after 20+ years. . .I wanna throw away what I've said in the past about F-Zero not needing any playable characters in Smash Bros., he's losing to Mother, & StarFox. I'll take whatever you wanna take.:shades:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No Ganondorf today... Maybe saved for Black Shadow's reveal trailer?
Perhaps, I kind of expected Ganondorf to appear today due to the Japanese relase of Hyrule Warriors.:urg:

I'm gonna gamble a bit for Friday. Emotions for Black Shadow being somehow revealed would rise sky-high in Joy.

Also nice avatar & username~:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

You guys realize I was just kidding about Black Shadow being revealed on his birthday, right?

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
You guys realize I was just kidding about Black Shadow being revealed on his birthday, right?
Of course, I don't expect him today, however expecting Ganondorf yesterday was reasonable given past trends. Especially given Sakurai wanted to reveal a vet this week, it seems odd he chose MK over Ganon, unless Ganon is supposed to be hidden so people can argue over his moveset for longer

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Haha I had a dream last night that Black Shadow was announced...jumping out of his racer and ****..:sadeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom