• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
You shut the **** up... if I don't like the updates on the page, I don't think it's your business, so please!
I don't like people like you...

Anyways...

We get updates every single weekday. That's more than good. That's great. I mean, sure, it's just a marketing gimmick, but still, you think the Halo fanboys would ***** if they got an update every day?

Yes, they probably would. So don't be them.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh... how much effort do you think it took for them to implement those stickers? It's a fun little side thing, don't be such a killjoy!

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Stop *****ing about it. Is it so bad that they're trying to appeal to more different kinds of people, people who like playing with items, and other assorted things? Hell, all this extra stuff looks fun too, but if you want to miss out on fun stuff, oh well.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
Focusing on the single player of SSBB is akin to treating a skinned knee instead of a gunshot wound. The skinned knee will heal on its own. The gunshot wound will have long-term repercussions, as seen by how we're stuck with space animals winning tournaments all over the place.
Its the other way round. The skinned knee is the multiplayer - tournament extremists who tear the fun out of the game by abusing glitches and 'space animals' be ****ed. Its a testament to the party play that people still load up Melee 6 years since it was released.

The 1Player mode has been the one requiring severe treatment since Smash 64, and from the looks of the blog its getting just that.

BAAAAAAAAWWWWWW I'M ALLOWED TO GIVE MY OPINION OUT BUT YOU'RE NOT STFU NOOB
WTF A MODS WARNING ME TO STOP FLAMING ZOMG LEAVE ME ALONE NOOB
OMG I MADE A MISTAKE IN MY GIF SO WHAT IDIOT
Chug bleach.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
This was said by Zek-

Time isn't necessarily one either, since trophies would pretty much be a job for the artists and not programmers. Not every member of the devteam does the same job guys. You can't just look at one feature being added and conclude that it came at the expense of a new character or something.

That pretty much sums it up, just because they are adding a new feature, doesnt mean they are cutting out others.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Lets see..

~ Don't hate the PS3.
~ Stickers.. Faster, easier, and takes up less room. I think its cool with the albums and that idea someone came up with to decorate characters with them :p
~ Items, they are awesome. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't like them either. I'd have to say a large majority of the Smash community likes items (in general, they might hate Mr. Freezie etc) Items are what makes this game even more unique than other fighting games, not only are characters and stages from different games, but items too!
~ Single player, I enjoy single player. I don't want to keep playing it the entire time. But it mixes up gameplay a little, instead of fighting all the time you have to jump and run generally.

-Onyx

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I could understand Sakurai if he cancelled the game because of so many people's b****ing...seriously,
lol that was dumb, if he cancells the game, goodbye best sell game on the wii and that means no money, so yeah not see him cancelling the game only because other people complains.

WE CAN COMPLAIN ALL WE WANT!!!
AND I SAY, THIS UPDATE WAS PURE TRASH!!

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
It's division of labor.

They don't pull their balance team over to create stickers and add new items. They hire a separate team who works on it concurrently. It increases the dev costs, but the effects on release date resulting from "fluff" (which many people like, BTW) is negligible.
Exactly. The team that added stickers IS NOT the same team that is working on the core game. If you had the people who published the Beatles' albums performing with the Beatles, you'd have a disaster.
I'm betting they have a different team for the final smashes and adventure mode as well.
Now if the stickers and assist trophies were cutting into the core game's funding, i'd agree with this thread completely.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Whine whine update i don't care about whine whine kiddy whine whine waste of time.

Don't like em? Don't collect them. Wish they didn't design it into the game and wanted them to spend the time on other things? Go to Japan, do a games making course and join the team for SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom