• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest WashU Sm4sh Bi-Weeklies

WashU Sm4sh Bi-Weeklies
Posted by Fye
Lopata House room 16(bottom floor)
Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Come one, come all to the new WashU bi-weeklies. Our STL scene has seen a lack of events on the weekend, so we're here to fill the gap. The local smash club has taken us in with open arms and Sm4sh will start on the Washington University Campus.

The venue is in the basement of Lopata House, which is located in the village of Washington University's main campus. Lopata House is at the intersection of Forest Park Parkway and N Big Bend Blvd, but access to the building is only available from Snow Way Drive off of N Big Bend Blvd.

Parking:
All of the yellow parking lots on WashU's campus are free to everyone on Saturdays and Sundays. This means that you can park in any of the parking lots on Snow Way Drive in the Village. The closer to N Big Bend Blvd, the closer you will be to the venue so feel free to turn into the first lot you get to. The first lot is up a small, followed by an additional parking structure with a lot more spaces in it. If both of those are full, there is an additional parking lot a little further down Snow Way Drive, but if that fills up should be able to park in the dominoes parking lot that is near by.

Schedule:
1:00PM - Casuals begin
1:30PM - Tournament signups start
2:30PM - Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 1v1 double elimination/round robin starts.

Entry Costs:
$2

Payouts:
Under 12 entrants
1: 100%

Under 29 entrants
1: 70%
2: 30%

30 - 49 entrants
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%

Rules:
2 stocks.
6 minutes.
2 stage bans.

Double elimination brackets.
Note: If there are <12 people, we will do Round Robin instead.
Items set to off and none.
Custom moves are banned.
Equipment is banned.

All sets except finals are best of 3. Winner's, Loser's, and Grand finals will be a best of 5.

If a match ends in sudden death, the winner is determined by percentage. If percentage is tied, a tie breaker round will be played. This will be a 1 stock, 3 minute match.

Mii fighters using default sizes, but are allowed any custom moves. However, once the set is underway, you are not allowed to change your fighter's set.

DSR: You cannot select a stage you have already won on as your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

If the round ends due to an inescapable suicide move, such as Bowser's Flying Slam or Ganondorf's Flame Choke, the win goes to the one who places 1st on the results screen.

Set Procedure:
1) Select your characters.
2) Stage strike from the neutral stages in a 1-2-1 order. If you need to determine who strikes first, rock-paper-scissors will determine.
3) Play game one.
4) The winner picks two stages to ban.
5) The loser announces the next stage.
6) The winner picks their character first.
7) The loser picks their character next.
8) Play the next game.

If additional games must be played, you cannot counter-pick a stage you have already won on unless your opponent agrees to it. Once a winner picks their two banned stages they must keep them for the remainder of the set.

Stages:
Neutral list: Final Destination, Battlefield/Miiverse, Smashville, Town and City, Lylat Cruise
Counter-pick list: Dreamland, Duck Hunt, Omega Stages*

*Omega stages may only be chosen as a counter-pick. Banning Final Destination also bans all omega stages.

Past Tourneys:
http://challonge.com/users/fye64

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Around 10 or so. However, we run the tourney round robin, so you get of plenty of matches and friendlies afterwards. In addition, PR players are in attendance, so you will get good experience.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Nope. I don't have any recording setups, unfortunately. However, you can catch other STL cats at our biweekly Monday tournament twitch.tv/stlbarwarz.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
October 31st. We'll be done before the evening, so you may spend Halloween night trick-or-treating/partying.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
alright I'll try to be their it'd be my 4th tourney so I hope I do ok been practicing with my main marth

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Is it at the same address as this or is the 31st place different?

DarkToonWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkToonWolf
I have one question: Is there an age limit? I mean I'm 16, but is it like 17 or 18 and up or can any age join?

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
quickfire quickfire
Tourney starts at 2:30 (This is officially when registration will close. Come before this time) and ends around 5-6. I make sure we get done as soon as possible.
Sheddy Sheddy
The same as listed in the information above. Room 16 of Lopata House.
DarkToonWolf DarkToonWolf
Nope. We accept people of all age, race, and criminal record.

DarkToonWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkToonWolf
Fye Fye Thank you so much! I've been really busy lately, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to any in the near future, but I'm hoping that I will one day.

quickfire

Smash Rookie
October 31st. We'll be done before the evening, so you may spend Halloween night trick-or-treating/partying.
When's the next tournament after Halloween? I work halloween so I won't be able to go on Halloween but I may be able to go to the next one if I can get the date for the next one so I can ask off

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Yes. We have both. However, Melee runs on a slightly different schedule. They will not have a tournament that day, but you might be able to catch them practicing as Toasted Ravs 8 (a big STL melee tourney) will be held the next week.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
this is my 4th tourney so I am sorry if I don't remember all the rules with neutral and counter picks in advance .-.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Don't worry. You can always ask your opponent (or me) if you don't remember exactly. The people around here are more than happy to help newcomers settle in to tourney settings.

quickfire

Smash Rookie
Yes. We have both. However, Melee runs on a slightly different schedule. They will not have a tournament that day, but you might be able to catch them practicing as Toasted Ravs 8 (a big STL melee tourney) will be held the next week.
ok. does that mean they may be doing friendly's with other people like me?

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
You catch me at the right times. I like looking/reading MK info on Smashboards when I'm playing.

quickfire

Smash Rookie
You catch me at the right times. I like looking/reading MK info on Smashboards when I'm playing.
Lol. Oh also how do I make a forum post? I was gonna ask people what the best capture card for the wii is

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Lol. Oh also how do I make a forum post? I was gonna ask people what the best capture card for the wii is
There should be a "Post New Thread" on the top of a sub-forum. There might be a questions thread for this kind of stuff, but I can't help you with specifics.

quickfire

Smash Rookie
Ok this also for the tournament on the 14 is that when the melee guys will be next door is that only for ttommarow

AcidFoxGamer

Smash Rookie
Ok, so, I am probably going today, this is my first tournament though so I might not remember all the rules.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Had a blast feel I learned a lot on my Samus

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Ok this also for the tournament on the 14 is that when the melee guys will be next door is that only for ttommarow
I was referring to the one on the 14th. They'll probably be there.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
quickfire quickfire
The tourney ran smoothly. There was an unexpected shortage on setups, but I made sure people consistently had matches to alleviate the problem. We still ended before 5:00pm. Woop woop.

Top Bottom