• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Super Sonic......nerfed?

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Psh...yeah Sonic has the coolest and arguably the best final smash so let's not complain too much.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I thought it was just made faster and wider hitbox. But that would be a buff, so I guess I thought wrong.

How exacly was it nerfed?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's absolutely faster. I don't think that can be argued.

As for hitbox, damage, etc., I guess I don't know. But in general, he doesn't seem to have too much trouble killing with it (one of the only ways he has of killing, apparently).

The one nerf that I can think of is that the duration may have been shortened. But really now, I don't think it takes THAT much time to aim Sonic at a character and drive-by them off the stage.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Um.... if they DID nerf the FS, then it NEEDED to be nerfed because, as it stands, it's arguably the best final smash in the game... it' hard to imagine how it could be even better, it certainly wouldn't need to be

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The one nerf that I can think of is that the duration may have been shortened. But really now, I don't think it takes THAT much time to aim Sonic at a character and drive-by them off the stage.

Nope, the length wasn't shortened. Both in the E for All demo and the final game, Super Sonic lasts for 15 seconds. Also, considering the speed was improved, and it now does 18% damage per hit instead of the 16% damage at E for All, I think that it would be considered better...don't you think? The only argument that anyone can say is that since he's faster, it's harder to control him, but that's a flawed logic, considering with enough mastering, you'll be able to control it fine, and the speed becomes only an asset.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Can characters still clash with Super Sonic like at E for All? I've been wondering about that for a while.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Nope, the length wasn't shortened. Both in the E for All demo and the final game, Super Sonic lasts for 15 seconds. Also, considering the speed was improved, and it now does 18% damage per hit instead of the 16% damage at E for All, I think that it would be considered better...don't you think? The only argument that anyone can say is that since he's faster, it's harder to control him, but that's a flawed logic, considering with enough mastering, you'll be able to control it fine, and the speed becomes only an asset.
Ah.

Well then there you have it—Super Sonic is god, so quit worshiping whoever you've been worshiping up to this point.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Brawl two nights a week for the last month or so, and I have never seen anyone survive Sonic's final smash.

EVER.

Top Bottom