• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warning: Dedede

arnquist

Smash Rookie
I played a couple of really good Dedede users today, just a heads up if you haven't encountered one. Their grab has some crazy reach or something, they can shield grab you between the jabs of a+a+a sometimes. You have to be even more careful than usual using side+b because you might hit one of his little dudes that he throws and get punished for it. Approaching Dedede on the ground is risky, he can barrage you with his dudes and his forward tilt is FAST and makes his hammer stretch longer than Ike's sword, so an aerial approach is best unless he gives you a good opening. On the bright side, I timed my b move to hit Dedede's up+b right before he landed a few times, that made me happy ^_^

If anyone else has advice for fighting Dedede I'd be glad to hear it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
fair and mindgames...

mind games is a big factor. fair was for fun to say...fair works wonders if you space it right. But DDD doesn't die so easy =\ hard to forward smash him to.

Top Bottom