• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's weaknesses?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I wish to know Wario's weaknesses so that if I see any guys trying to exploit them, I can quickly tell right away which ones to countermeasure their actions.

(I play Wario.)

Taxi

Smash Cadet
He lacks range... Short and sweet that is a big problem for him right now. Sometimes approaching is tough as well depending on who you are facing. His crazy aerial DI though makes a lot of this cope able.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Expect to have trouble with Wario's range against Rob and Metaknight, since they're both basically walls of priority.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
His weaknesses are obvious. this is how to handle them.
1) if a character with long range (Marth, Ike, DDD, etc.) tries to space each hit so you can't get them with your short range, try Dtilt or Ftilt, as they have the most range of Warios moves. If you have it, the waft's also a good option.
2) if a character with good projectiles (Link, Toon Link, Peach, etc.) tries to camp, use the motorcycle to catch up. also, you can eat certain projectiles.
3) If a fast character (Meta, Toon Link, Squirtle, etc.) takes advantage of your slow speed, use the Motorcycle. using aerials, mainly Fairs, you can also get to them.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
His over reliance on his motorbike to recover which is relatively slow if you are below and if it's on stage it can't be used off stage. Also his up b doesnt auto sweetspot and doesnt go that far, althought being high up the bike gives him a great recovery, in some situations his recovery can suck.

His range is the big one though and although he isn't that slow his speed doesn't help to cope with that either.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
I'm not so fond of his sidestep either. I don't know if every character has the same duration of invulnerability, but his just seems to long? I could be mistaken though. Also I really don't like his down smash. But yea, it seems for me, if you're playing against a character that can overprioritize wario's forward air every time, it's gonna be a tough match.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Wario pretty much lacks any kind of ground game due to speed, range, and pre/post-attack lag issues. Other than that he does have a solid aerial game to fall back on and his bite attack can really make up for range issues since it seems to eat up hitboxes on characters.

Top Bottom