• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Grounding/Heavy Bike

Noyu

Smash Cadet
Hi guys,

I'll be really quick to ask some questions. I know Wario's customs are meh but I still want to try.

1. What is the purpose of grounding someone with the heavy bike?

2. Can you turn around after grounding and wheelie them?

3. Can you waft them when they are grounded or does this only go well with the flower waft. I think we all know quick waft is trash, because even slow waft is powerful halfway through.

4. Can you ground someone and garlic breath them?

5. Can you destroy the bike when they are grounded and inflict tons of damage?

6. Also can you use the grounded bike to extend the wafts range or is the bike too durable?

Don't answer ANY of these questions unless you are sure of the result to the corresponding question you are referring to.
Thanks guys, I would do this myself but i don't have the game :D

Rakurai

Smash Ace
1. Extra damage or a potential follow-up with correct timing if the bike grounds them while you're not riding it, as there's a very brief moment after they pop out of the ground where they can be struck, but aren't able to act.

2. You can at high percents, but the Heavy Bike's wheelie only launches airborne opponents and is weaker then the other bike variations.

3. The waft will send a grounded opponent flying, but the knockback will be halved. Also, the Quick Waft isn't bad. The kill power of a full charge is comparable to that of a weaker half-charged standard waft, only it takes half the time to get to that point. It also has frame 3 super armor.

4. No.

5. Any player who's decent at mashing will be able to escape long before you get a chance to throw the bike at them while they're buried, but it will indeed cause a silly amount of damage if you pull it off.

6. You can't extend the waft's range with the bike, but you can still do the usual hitbox duration extension shenanigans with it. It's easier to set up for edgeguarding usage due to it not requiring a ledge crash to get it to stay on stage.

Last edited:

Noyu

Smash Cadet
Wait, the bike doesn't extend the range but just extends the duration? Also I realize now that quick waft isn't trash. Thanks.

Top Bottom