• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Ware

Sunamaru

Smash Rookie
Well Wario dose don't go in the mario series in this game(insted of a mushroom he has a W) you think other wario charcters well make it in? Here is his site http://www.warioware.biz/.
I think Young Cricket(ninja boy) could make it also Kat and Ana as a ice climber type(tag team ninjas). So what do you think???

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
The new characters in Smooth moves are too boring to be put in.

Either Jimmy or Mona are likely candidates however, they have several unique traits about them that would make them perfect for Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Heavens, I hope not...

Maybe a minigame or some other game mode. Don't get me wrong, I love the Warioware series, but...just no.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Mona or Ashley I think have the best chance... possibly Jimmy. I wouldn't be shocked if another WarioWare character made it in, but I don't think any other character has really good chances... Although Mona would be interesting, she could be really fast cause she's riding around on roller skates or something...

Fawriel

Smash Master
No other Wario Ware characters, please.
The games are awesome and stuff, sure, but... I think the Wario Ware biker outfit is just Wario's default costume because it's more interesting than ye olde purple and yellow and it's overall more current and recognizable. Wario is still Wario, and the other Wario Ware characters are still just people who play microgames.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Is the game worth buying by the way? I never even considered to buy it! If you think I should someone tell me why!
And to be honest I don't know what chars Wario Ware has but Brawl tends to go for main characters for franchises rather than side-ones.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
You'd be hard pressed to find a cast of characters more packed to the brim with personality than Wario Ware characters. Every one of them is so bizarre and hilarious that leaving every single one of them out of Brawl just seems like madness. What's that? You say you want proof?

All biases aside, you can't honestly tell me that you don't want to play as this man in Brawl.

This game's winner is... Dr. Crygor!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1.Wario Ware characters are spin off characters,not really worthy taking a spot a la the Waluigi factor.

2.No advertising dude.
Yeah Wario's spin off but what about Mario... Mario's technically a spin off from Donkey Kong and look at what franchise got the most characters... =/ Besides, even if you say so DK is very much likely getting Diddy too so what's the problem with Wario Ware characters?

RWB

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Ashley, even tho' Mona would be the most likely. But since they're quite unlikely, I hope that Warios stage has the entire Wario Ware crew standing in the background, doing whatever is typical for them.

Yeah Wario's spin off but what about Mario... Mario's technically a spin off from Donkey Kong and look at what franchise got the most characters... =/ Besides, even if you say so DK is very much likely getting Diddy too so what's the problem with Wario Ware characters?
Yeah,I guess every spin-off character deserves to gain internation popularity and become the symbol of the videogame industry.

The Wario Ware characters are Silhouettes of there own existance,for their presence in the game isn't even subsantial.They're just there to present a few select mini games.Sure each characters may have a specific description about there character,but what else is there left in these characters except just a presentation in a mini game?

Mario,himself,is actually a character who has star been a star to the video game industry,featured in several games,and has a history.So there really is no comparison.

Comparing Mario to and icon only to represent a mini game is like comparing the gravitational pull on earth to a neutron star.

=/

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Yeah,I guess every spin-off character deserves to gain internation popularity and become the symbol of the videogame industry.

The Wario Ware characters are Silhouettes of there own existance,for their presence in the game isn't even subsantial.They're just there to present a few select mini games.Sure each characters may have a specific description about there character,but what else is there left in these characters except just a presentation in a mini game?

Mario,himself,is actually a character who has star been a star to the video game industry,featured in several games,and has a history.So there really is no comparison.

Comparing Mario to and icon only to represent a mini game is like comparing the gravitational pull on earth to a neutron star.

=/
You're dumb (unless your smart enough to ignore that flame-bait part of this post).

Mario deserved the popularity because he was in a good game, and then the popularity allowed him to be in more good games. So yes, every spin-off character does deserve it if they end up in a good game.

And the Wario-Ware games have a story, Wario starts a business in mini-games, and gets help from his friends in making these mini-games. So these friends are integral to the story, meaning they are important, not just Silhouettes. Sure, the story of the game could have been changed, and the characters not have been important, but the same thing could have been said about Mario. Instead of going with something odd and original (a plumber), Nintendo could have went with some bulky guy with a gun.

Your next sentence is filled with so many errors, it's hard to respond to, but I'll try.
Yes, Mario has been a star to the industry, but how does that mean he can't be compared to any other character? He still IS a video game character... There are 5 Wario Ware games, so if being in a lot of games apparently makes a character worthy of being compared to Mario, there you go. And he's older, so duh, he's going to have a history. Having a history, ust like everything else you've said, does not make him exempt from being compared to other characters.

Again, you're dumb.

You're dumb (unless your smart enough to ignore that flame-bait part of this post).
Well,that's alittle harsh. >_>

Mario deserved the popularity because he was in a good game, and then the popularity allowed him to be in more good games. So yes, every spin-off character does deserve it if they end up in a good game.
Wario Ware really isn't a title that will just appeal to everyone.The game is diffirent base on others opinions.I for one don't find it that entertaining,yet some just simply love it for it's simplicity.

Besides,in Smash Bros. a game for characters that are currently popular?If characters(As indignificant as they may be) are seeking to gain popularity,it would just be another advertisment case.Even though it worked for Fire Emblem,I don't think it would work for a game already well known nationally.

And the Wario-Ware games have a story, Wario starts a business in mini-games, and gets help from his friends in making these mini-games. So these friends are integral to the story, meaning they are important, not just Silhouettes. Sure, the story of the game could have been changed, and the characters not have been important, but the same thing could have been said about Mario. Instead of going with something odd and original (a plumber), Nintendo could have went with some bulky guy with a gun.
Gaming has evolved alittle more from the trypical"Save the Princess" story.But strange enough this has worked for Mario.Most games that I see such as Mario Party or others have stories,but they aren't necessary to the overall game play.Wario Ware really doesn't requier a story,nor is if any depth or significance.

I find it to be a contradiction,but the story for the game really isn't the best thing about it.

Your next sentence is filled with so many errors, it's hard to respond to, but I'll try.
Excuse me for my grammar.I didn't really have a firm grasp on my punctuation in that last sentence. XD

Yes, Mario has been a star to the industry, but how does that mean he can't be compared to any other character? He still IS a video game character... There are 5 Wario Ware games, so if being in a lot of games apparently makes a character worthy of being compared to Mario, there you go. And he's older, so duh, he's going to have a history. Having a history, ust like everything else you've said, does not make him exempt from being compared to other characters.
Yes,Wario does have a history,but having a wide multitude of games from 1 series doesn't give a character an automatic pass.Insisting on multiple games as a popularity waver isn't really a wise thing,just as making 8 Mario Party games isn't good either.Because Birdo was in several of the Mario Party games doesn't make her a great character.

Again, you're dumb.
How can you judge me?

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Well,that's alittle harsh. >_>
I said to ignore it...

Wario Ware really isn't a title that will just appeal to everyone.The game is diffirent base on others opinions.I for one don't find it that entertaining,yet some just simply love it for it's simplicity.
And Mario doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone either. I know people who have hated the Mario games they've played, and there are several games he's in that I don't like.

Besides,in Smash Bros. a game for characters that are currently popular?If characters(As indignificant as they may be) are seeking to gain popularity,it would just be another advertisment case.Even though it worked for Fire Emblem,I don't think it would work for a game already well known nationally.
So Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Doctor Mario, etc. were currently popular at/before the release of ssbm? Popularity doesn't judge whether a character deserves a spot or not. It might give them a bigger chance, but doesn't change their deserving oppurtunity. Speaking of Doctor Mario, he got in, and he had even less story purpose than the characters in Wario Ware, whether he was the main character or not.

Gaming has evolved alittle more from the trypical"Save the Princess" story.But strange enough this has worked for Mario.Most games that I see such as Mario Party or others have stories,but they aren't necessary to the overall game play.Wario Ware really doesn't requier a story,nor is if any depth or significance.
It doesn't require it, but it does have one, which is undeniable. A game or a character doesn't have to have a story to have an impact. So even what I said about the Doc earlier doesn't matter, even he was deserving of a spot.

Yes,Wario does have a history,but having a wide multitude of games from 1 series doesn't give a character an automatic pass.Insisting on multiple games as a popularity waver isn't really a wise thing,just as making 8 Mario Party games isn't good either.Because Birdo was in several of the Mario Party games doesn't make her a great character.
The first half of this is agreeing with me, so I won't argue with you. With Birdo, no, not a great character, she isn't even a character, just a species in the game. Birdo is the one that can't be compared to other characters, as Birdo really isn't all that diffferent from, say, goombas. Just a generic item of the game, a character is something different, only one of them, and they play an important role in the game (story or otherwise).

How can you judge me?
It's just based off what I read, I could be wrong. If I am wrong, then it's nothing for you to worry over, you know whether you're dumb or not.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Ashley or Mona in the game.

Your spelling and grammar are Atrocious. Your English teacher cries to sleep.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Mabey of thinking of Waluigi at this time because if he is in the game he is going to get the W icon.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't think it's unreasonable to see one or two Wario Ware characters joining the fray. Wario Ware is definitely popular enough, and almost any of the characters would fit perfectly into the Smash Bros formula. I don't see how the genre of game that Wario Ware falls into makes a difference. Just because it's a collection of short, quick games doesn't mean the characters have any less merit. I highly doubt Mr. Game & Watch made it in due the astounding depth to his own gameplay. Saying that they don't deserve it because Wario Ware is a 'spin-off' isn't true either. If spin-off characters aren't worthy to be in, than neither is Diddy Kong, someone who most everyone on this site agrees is one of the most likely newcomers. If they thought Wario Ware wasn't important enough to be represented, they wouldn't have the Wario from those games in Brawl at all. They'd have left him in his Mario standard, purple overalls and yellow hat n' shirt.

That being said, I think that Mona and/or 9-Volt are the most likely to make it in from WW. The former because she is Wario's answer to Peach, and one of the more recognizable characters from the franchise, the latter because he's a character created to be the quintessential Nintendo fanboy, someone who's entire being revolves around Nintendo, and I think that fits pretty dang well into a game of Nintendo All-Stars.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Warioware characters getting in would be the same thing as Diddy Kong Racing characters getting in Brawl. Warioware is a spinoff of a spinoff series as is the Diddy Kong Racing series is a spinoff of Donkey Kong series which is a spinoff of Mario (Sort of).

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Warioware characters getting in would be the same thing as Diddy Kong Racing characters getting in Brawl. Warioware is a spinoff of a spinoff series as is the Diddy Kong Racing series is a spinoff of Donkey Kong series which is a spinoff of Mario (Sort of).
You mean like if Diddy Kong or Dr. Mario got in?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What? How dare you compare Diddy to Dr.Mario!?!? How DARE YOU!? *Explodes*

And NO Donkey Kong is NOT a spin off franchise from Mario! If anything, Mario got spin off, since Donkey Kong still uses old skool features as barrels and climbing, The climbing system from DKC2 was almost the same as that from DK Jr. Arcade for example... Only faster... And barrels and climbing are still mayor Donkey Kong features.

Mario has nothing like this! No instead, Mario has Fire Flowers...

Donkey Kong is an individual franchise. Sure the games do happen in the same fictional world, but calling DKC just a merely spin off franchise from Mario is just insulting.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
It's more like this

DK Games - Mario Games - WarioWare, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc.
- DKC Games

And WarioWare has become differentiated enough from the Mario series even more than Yoshi (who is considered his own series in SSB). Also, the Wario in Mario and the Wario in WarioWare are totally different.

Top Bottom