• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Stage Discussion

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Didn't see a thread about stages so I decided to make one lol. This thread is to discuss Wario and how he does on various stages. (duh)

I dunno where to start...

What stages do you guys like and not like? Smashville is alright but that moving platform messes up my edgeguards too often =[. Also I constantly get caught under the lip when trying to recover on Lylat Cruise.

I like Onett , Shadow Moses and Corneria just because I can drive my bike into a wall and instantly cancel it.

My favorite Wario stages are Delfino Plaza and Green Greens. Delfino Plaza because it's really easy to gimp people off the stage during the flying carpet sections. It's usually the first thing I go for early in the match. Green Greens because of the easy kill zones on the side and you can use the blocks to cancel your bike. Pretty sure you can throw the bike or a tire into a bomb block for fun results. :laugh:

Also, I had a really odd glitch happen to me on Halberd involving the bike. I saved the replay, I plan to have a vid of it soon. But I was hanging on the right edge while the stage was in one of those "flying" portions. I let go of the edge and instantly got on my bike. The bike connected to the bottom of the stage and I was just floating there for a bit, then if flipped up onto the stage and I was still on it o_O

EDIT: Here's the video of the glitch.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W63tOBDhK7I

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Favorite Stage- Battlefield. Low ceiling, basic platforms and fat edges.

Least Favorite- Final Destination. If you fight anyone with projectiles here and the sides are a bit screwy it gets a little bad otherwise it isn't too bad.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Lol that was pretty weird. Nice choice of song :laugh:.

I think my favorite stage so far has to be battlefield, the platforms make for some nice approaches, easy kills off the top of the stage. Luigi's mansion is up there too, great for screwing up people who spam projectiles, since you can hide behind the pillars, also has some platforms, and its kinda skinny(?), makes it easy to WOP people off the side.

Least favorite... other than new pork and hyrule temple... would have to be pirate ship lol. People can just swim back, it's a sorta high stage, and I hate trying to get back on the stage because wario's kinda slow getting out of the water lol.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Ban Final Destination. The huge ceiling, the ****ty edge, no platforms to hide from spammers.

Ban it.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Well, Wario Waft + Wind mode on the Pokemon stage=Failure (as learned through personal misfortune).

He does well on small stages where opponents don't have much room to retreat and poke with long range attacks or camp with projectiles. Smashville is a fine example.

Top Bottom