• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario has 4 jumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Everyone knows you can jump off the ground, and then jump again in mid air - that's two.
Also, everyone knows about the up-b recovery jump - that's three.
But has anyone seen the charged up wario waft?

Look at how much air he gets! If you were knocked sideways off a stage, you could DI over to the stage a bit and then charge the wario waft, get some mad height, DI some more and then up-b onto the stage. Also, by doing exactly this, it would be hard for an opponent to edgeguard/hog. Do you see the blue ring around the wario waft? Bingo.
It looks nothing like the flame, so it has to do some sort of damage, just like the stars that appear on both sides of Yoshi when he does his down-b in melee.
So if someone was edge guarding, the blue ring around the waft would either send them back (at a high percent), or stun them for a couple of frames while you up be onto the stage or grab the ledge. Genius.

Comments?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
wow ur right, didnt notice that. but I think he needs to charge for a long time (maybe like Jiggly's rollout) untill the move makes him jump?

could be used to make him jump higher, but I think the time problem will make it so it's not cheap.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
That all depends on luck. You'd have to charge up the waft for a long time in order to get sufficient height. If you got hit before it was charged enough,then you'd have to rely on your normal recovery.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
maybe just using the move in the air makes it attack downward instead of behind him, it's possible that he's gaining no height at all from that, the pic just makes it look like it.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
maybe just using the move in the air makes it attack downward instead of behind him, it's possible that he's gaining no height at all from that, the pic just makes it look like it.

See but, in the picture, I don't even think the ground is visible, so why would you think that?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i remember reading sakurai's original post of the waft

he said it charges up for you therefore you don't need to charge it midair or before you fly off
if you simply lived for a long time or you never use it you will have full charged wafts for recovery

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
See but, in the picture, I don't even think the ground is visible, so why would you think that?
There is definitely ground there, as the bottom of the explosions are flat because of it.
And you're saying it as if one can't jump off the edge and use an attack.
This could easily be a great edgeguarding technique, used on anyone trying to make a vertical recovery.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
i remember reading sakurai's original post of the waft

he said it charges up for you therefore you don't need to charge it midair or before you fly off
if you simply lived for a long time or you never use it you will have full charged wafts for recovery
That is genius. Then an intelligent player would only use it when they're in trouble/edge guarding/or if their opponent had a high perccent and they wanted to finish him/her.

There is definitely ground there, as the bottom of the explosions are flat because of it.
And you're saying it as if one can't jump off the edge and use an attack.
This could easily be a great edgeguarding technique, used on anyone trying to make a vertical recovery.
Yeh there's clearly ground there, my bad. And it would be a great edge guarding technique, maybe even a spike, but you misunderstood me. This could be used as a jump when Wario is trying to recover.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Yeh there's clearly ground there, my bad. And it would be a great edge guarding technique, maybe even a spike, but you misunderstood me. This could be used as a jump when Wario is trying to recover.
But that's only if it actually gives any height when it's used, the pic doesn't show that the waft itself is giving him any height boost, the pic could just show him using the move mid-air, so the fact that he's already in the air just makes it look like he's getting a boost.
I get what you're saying, but there isn't enough to say one way or the other.

J4ke

Smash Cadet
Question-

Is it assumed that he charges it like Samus' shot? Or does it passively charged over time and then unleashed based on how long the battle has been going on by doing the move.

i think i remember reading sakurai's original post mentioning that it charges passively.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Bloodvayne has a good point. It might just be an explosion that encircles him if he's on the ground. There's really no evidence either way to determine whether it could be used for recovery or not.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
It could be a possibility of a 5th jump if he jumps off the chopper mid air.
That's amazing =| .
He DI's over in the direction of the stage, whips out his chopper, and presses an attack button to jump off. If he still doesn't make it, wario waft it! Then after, if he's still not there, up-b! But that's if the wario waft and his up-b get him any vertical distance.

Takalth

Smash Ace
If it's what it looks like, it is good news for me because I was hoping to see more complex recovery options. I've always liked characters like Samus who have more to their recovery than double-jump + up+B, so hopefully they'll move in that direction with most characters.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that Wario isn't going to have more than 4 possible jumps. I mean, he's a big fat ugly guy, it doesn't make sense for him to be some sort of crazy aerial recovery master. I know they are trying to add more to the fighting in mid-air, but, I dunno. I guess to me it wouldn't go with Wario's whole personality for some reason. I also sorta doubt whipping out the Wario Chopper in mid air will help much for jumping/recovering. In my head i imagine the chopper sinkin hard and fast if you whip it out while recovering.

The Wario Waft, however, looks like it could have some great jumping/recovering possibilities, as long as you avoid using it enough so as to get a big enough blast. From the picture, it seems to me that it does send Wario upwards, at least if he does it while standing. It looks like the center of the blast is close to the ground, so I assume that Wario executed the move while on the ground and was send upwards.

Does anyone think that even it the Wario Waft sends him up when standing, maybe if the Wario Waft is done in the air, it will just fire downwards and not send Wario upwards? In Melee almost all the specials were the same regardless of being mid-air or on the ground (peach's turnip is the only exception i can think of at the moment), but does anyone think this will change for Brawl?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hey, guess what guys...THERE IS ALREADY A WARIO THREAD!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71402

Stop this. You guys should know better than to encourage creating threads for every update. We already have PLENTY of places to discuss it: the official Wario thread, the confirmed character thread, the official brawl info thread. We don't need a "the official 2 of wario's b-moves" thread.

Mic_128 said:
It could be like Ice Climbers. 2 types of "recovery" moves bu you can only do 1 since you get "recovery stun" after doing either up-b or forward-b and post in the wario topic plaese.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The thread really is a likely candidate for being closed, but... rawr.

I doubt that the Wario Waft will give him much of a height boost.
Sure, he probably rises up quite a bit... but then he probably falls down like a rock until he can use something else. That's what I think is most likely.
Although it *would* make sense as an aiding recovery move...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Hey, guess what guys...THERE IS ALREADY A WARIO THREAD!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71402

Stop this. You guys should know better than to encourage creating threads for every update. We already have PLENTY of places to discuss it: the official Wario thread, the confirmed character thread, the official brawl info thread. We don't need a "the official 2 of wario's b-moves" thread.
You try to act like a mod WAY too much.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
i dont think it will work like that because he maybe like when ganondorf or c falcon dose their be and down and just free fall and it will more than likely take a nice min to preform this example Roys move of even marths lol but what eve i dont know thats just what u speculate

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You try to act like a mod WAY too much.
No, if I was a mod, I would have shut down the thread and not said anything. But I don't have the authority to do that. But you guys should know better than to continue posting in thread that don't belong. Besides, Mic already shut down his other one and said "post this in the Wario thread."

They have already made a thread for pretty much everything under the sun...chances are, there is already one out there to fit the needs. People are encouraging this by responding...they should post in the appropriate threads so that these can go away to the back pages instead of remaining at the front.

I'm more getting your guys' case than I am the creator because you guys have been around, and you should know not to post in these sort of threads.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
They have already made a thread for pretty much everything under the sun...chances are, there is already one out there to fit the needs. People are encouraging this by responding...they should post in the appropriate threads so that these can go away to the back pages instead of remaining at the front.

This thread is something more than just general Wario discussion, so this discussion doesn't have to pollute another thread. If this was just another thread to talk about things related to Wario, I would agree, but it's talking about a specific, so it's fine.
You're saying it like we should have only one thread titled something like "Discuss Brawl here!", and then any other thread mentioning anything about brawl should be closed, because there is already a thread covering all things brawl...

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I particularly like new threads about specific things, even if it is about a character that has a thread already, for most reasons that bloodvayne has already mentioned. it may say in the rules that people shouldn't make all sort of pointless new threads, but (A) it also says in the rules that we aren't supposed to act like mods and tell people what to do on the forums, and (B) this thread is not pointless, IMO.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that Wario isn't going to have more than 4 possible jumps. I mean, he's a big fat ugly guy, it doesn't make sense for him to be some sort of crazy aerial recovery master. I know they are trying to add more to the fighting in mid-air, but, I dunno. I guess to me it wouldn't go with Wario's whole personality for some reason. I also sorta doubt whipping out the Wario Chopper in mid air will help much for jumping/recovering. In my head i imagine the chopper sinkin hard and fast if you whip it out while recovering.

The Wario Waft, however, looks like it could have some great jumping/recovering possibilities, as long as you avoid using it enough so as to get a big enough blast. From the picture, it seems to me that it does send Wario upwards, at least if he does it while standing. It looks like the center of the blast is close to the ground, so I assume that Wario executed the move while on the ground and was send upwards.

Does anyone think that even it the Wario Waft sends him up when standing, maybe if the Wario Waft is done in the air, it will just fire downwards and not send Wario upwards? In Melee almost all the specials were the same regardless of being mid-air or on the ground (peach's turnip is the only exception i can think of at the moment), but does anyone think this will change for Brawl?
Falcon KICK!!! Anyways, I can't wait to use Wario. Even though I think there is a HUGE possibilty that he will be bad I have been wanting to play as him forever...WOOT WARIO!!!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
QFT

This is discussing a certain part of Wario's moves. It is not just discussing Wario.
I guess we should have a thread discussing what type of bike he uses, too...since that also has nothing to do with Wario's moves and certainly nothing to do with Wario...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I closed one of this yesterday for the obvious reason that discussion should be in the Wario topic. Repost this again and I'll tempban you for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom