• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Footstool Combos?

SharpShot925

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-2955-6660
I've been in the lab for a bit trying out a few things, trying to come up with a few footstool combos. The only somewhat reliable one being up air (while opponent is on the ground) into footstool, then fast fall fair to hit them with the late hit for the lock. This only can be done at certain (low) percentages, and can be repeated after the lock by following up with another up air. In my testing, it is hard for me to hit the fast fall fair. Are there any other footstool combos that Wario can pull off?

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
OMG!!!

So I did some testing and managed to falling Uair > Footstool > Sourspot Fair Jab Lock> Uair > Full Waft! Uair to Waft is a great trick to use during a jab lock at early percents. This combo killed a Luigi without DI in training, but I'm positive that DI wouldn't have helped him, as he was near the edge.

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
While not necessarily a true combo into a footstool, I've gotten quite a few with Rising Sour Fair -> Footstool. Another one is tilted forward aerial bike -> footstool at some percents. I don't know if anything can be done with those.

SharpShot925

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-2955-6660
While not necessarily a true combo into a footstool, I've gotten quite a few with Rising Sour Fair -> Footstool. Another one is tilted forward aerial bike -> footstool at some percents. I don't know if anything can be done with those.
i had thoughts about my combo not being a true combo, maybe a few characters with fast nairs can get out. I'm not able to test it as of now, but i definitely will when i am able to. As for your combos, i'll definitely have to try them out and see what kind of follow ups can be done, and if some characters are doomed to be stuck in the combo. Maybe tilted air bike > footstool> fair lock> full waft? It will most likely be able to be extended by using falling up air>footstool combo also, and then to full waft.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
So I had a human try to escape, and I can confirm that it is quite difficult to do so, but a character with good air mobility can even escape the sourspot Fair afterwards. The footstool itself is very hard to avoid and nairs can also be avoided if it's done properly. It works against very slow fallers such as Luigi at 18% or so, and against average fallers like Mario at 28%. It's hard to do the combo against fast fallers such as Sheik, I think it might be impossible, but I'm going to continue to do more testing.

Top Bottom