• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario d.air into Chomp.

Cyringohn

Smash Rookie
Due to his amazing air maneuverability, Wario has many options after his d.air when he ends it early [by DI'ing away from the opponent before the move ends], such as throwing after landing. However, I've found that a really great mix-up that most people fall for is doing a Chomp before landing. Basically, just do a short hop d.air, then, right before the last hit of the d.air lands, DI away from the opponent and go into a Chomp. It works wonders as a surprise mix-up, especially against people who think they can just do "this and that" to get around Wario's air game. It's really funny to do it against people who try to shield-grab all of your aerials.

DI'ing out of the d.air was something that was covered in 56K's topic, but I just wanted to point this one out, as it's another option to do aside from double jumping after the d.air.

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I actually used that exact tactic yesterday in a tourney, or something similar. This seems to be one of Wario's best approaches as far as setting an opponent up for a combo. I generally chomped out of the dair, but sometimes, if the opponent saw that coming, a quick fsmash was needed to break thru the defense. Some of the combo vids i've seen on these boards and elsewhere show some good uses for these moves.

viewtiful_jon

Smash Apprentice
Whenever someone attempts to shield grab my short-hop dairs, I end up using dtilt to shield stab after I wear away their shield a bit and then go into fair/nair combos. This option is probably less useful for tourney play, as it takes quite a few dairs to wear away enough shield to use dtilt, at which point they'll probably have grabbed you already. Still, that option is available.

Top Bottom