• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario, current thoughts

ColossalSmurf

Smash Rookie
hello, I just joined up today after lurking about for a good while. and I was sad to see the topic of Wario's playability kind of slack off. I was hoping to get some talk going about the coolest new character ( In my opinion anyway).
like how do you think he will play after seeing the gameplay videos up to now? has anything really changed.. or are your opinions still the same? Also how many of you plan on using Wario as your main? I know I am. Heck in the first trailer when we first saw Wario I was sold on this game. Everything that came after was simply icing on the cake.
So, to get the ball rolling.. currently I think Warios has the most hillarious move set, and his random attack style might make him hard to predict.. ( I guess that seems rather obvious).
do you guys think that the "flay around by farting" from the snake codec conversation is his up B or the result of the waft as in the picture where he gets shot into the air because of the gaseous explosion? these are just some things to hopefully get some Wario conversation going.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can agree with the move set making him hard to predict, but Wario sounds like the kind of character in SSBB that could be crummy and slow. I'm not a huge fan of Wario, but I like him in different ways, including his comedic attitude. He just doesn't seem like the kind of character that can do a whole lot and that only a few will use in tournaments. (sort of like Pichu from SSBM, in the way of crumminess and very few used him). The "farting to fly" aspect of him gave me some laughs can could be of help to him in some sort of ways, a boost in speed maybe? The other character I could see him as from SSBM is Bowser or Ganondorf, slow but powerful.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
before this game i would not have imagined wario being a good fighter, but seeing some screen shots and videos i've been swayed.

i definitely dont think wario will be crummy, if anything DK looked like the worst of them. Wario looks like he has the potential to be powerful, unpredictable and very original. im definitely looking forward to playing with him. never really thought about maining him, but now that i have it seems like a very viable possibility. so focused on the E for All demo characters i almost forgot about wario.

i dont think wario looks THAT slow from what i've seen. plus his smaller size gives him the look of some one who is more of a medium in strength and speed. seems like hes going to be a balanced character with a slight tilt towards powerful attacks. definitely works to my liking.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm a huge fan of Wario but in smash bros. my fav has always been fox but If Wario is good then he might be right up there with him I do kinda wish his classic costume was in it too. I like his wario ware one cuz then he looks way different from mario but still....

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
I'll probably have Wario tied with IC in my 3rd-most used postition.
Pikachu is and always will be my main and King Dedede I can't wait for.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Wario definitely seems to be one of the more creative characters, and I am really pleased with the way they're handling him and the Warioware series in general. He actually doesn't seem that slow; he seems to be sort of an in-between speed. I have a friend who is absolutely in love with the Warioware games, and he was very excited when Wario was revealed, so even if I don't play with him, I know I'll get many chances to play against him.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Wario is probably going to be a heavy character between Samus's weight and Donkey Kong's
In my opinion Wario doesn't seem like Wario in Brawl, to me he seems like Mr. Game & Watch reincarnated in his body. His personality is somewhat lost a little due to his movement.
Man it is hard using the Wii to type!!

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion Wario doesn't seem like Wario in Brawl, to me he seems like Mr. Game & Watch reincarnated in his body. His personality is somewhat lost a little due to his movement.
I'm with you on that...I understand that they're representing him specifically as the Warioware character, but Wario was actually the character that introduced me to video games (as Mario is for a lot of people), and I think it's kind of a shame that he's not retaining much of anything from his Wario Land appearances. I mean, they could have at least kept the shoulder charge or something.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I was wanting Wario since I first played Melee, and imagined his classic moves (shoulder charge, slams, super swings, etc) would be perfect for it. Now I kinda dont care for him as much, since they toned down his "evilness" factor and made him more silly.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking about that also, I'm kind of disappointed with Wario. I was expecting the yellow and purple fat guy. I thought his moveset would be based off of shoulder slams, super flat, zombie etc.

I guess the WarioWare idea is more original though. I hear he's going to be twitchy like G&W, egh.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking about that also, I'm kind of disappointed with Wario. I was expecting the yellow and purple fat guy. I thought his moveset would be based off of shoulder slams, super flat, zombie etc.

I guess the WarioWare idea is more original though. I hear he's going to be twitchy like G&W, egh.
I agree. I was disappointed with this Warioware Wario. I was expecting the gruff, rough, burly Wario from the classics.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
He does seem to have his old personality (mainly greed) in the Wario Ware games, but Smash Brothers lets him lose his feel somehow... What has made this happen? He seems like his evil-self on the SubSpace Emissary because he turns Zelda into a trophy and leaves with it laughing... It might be because we haven't heard his voice (WAARRIIOO!!!) in any of the videos.. It would be cool if he said HAVE A ROTTEN DAY!! or EXCELLENTE!!! during a match or his victory.

detroitpistons_fan_23

Smash Cadet
the first video sold me on snake but wario as the second main... but they havnt updated him for a very long time... and its leading me to thinking his a joke character and his not gonna be any good... and i really hope thats not the case

Top Bottom