• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario bike hurtbox glitch

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Only use the bike as a recovery option. Using it on stage is too risky. At least until this gets fixed (if that's even gonna happen -__-)
Wario's bike on the ground and as an offensive option is incredible now. This glitch is simply something the opponent can use against him and he'll have to take that risk. Its worth it.

I moved this to the Wario specific boards because its unique only to him. Good find though.

EDIT: Oh you already posted it there. Well I guess I'll just close it then.
EDIT2: I am not a moderator on this board so I can't close it. Joke's on me.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Only use the bike as a recovery option. Using it on stage is too risky. At least until this gets fixed (if that's even gonna happen -__-)
Do note that the absolute worst that can come out of the glitch is Wario taking a wimpy, non-lethal 6% damage hit from the bike's explosion. The game is basically just thinking that Wario is still on the bike when it explodes, which is why he gets damaged. It doesn't actually allow people to hit Wario with their attacks by hitting the bike.

Therefore, it's really not that detrimental at all, especially because most people aren't going to want to risk taking the bike to the face for the sake of dealing minimal damage to Wario.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
ive noticed this but ive also notice its rare, and seems to require certain people to do it.

Done it against a Bowser and never been hurt while im in the air and he side-slams my bike. However Mario like in the picture seems to do it often (dedede and mac too).

The bike on the ground is a very powerful attack, definitely use it. Either charging into your opponents with it or hopping off into a dair when they think youre driving into them is great.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
A lucario used aura sphere on my bike as i was jumping off it in the air, and lucario was the one that exploded. It was pretty weird.

I'll have a video of it up tomorrow to showcase what happened.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Annoying, but not ruinous. Wario should rarely be in a position where this can happen, but you should strive to avoid this.

Make sure to eat those downed bikes!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A lucario used aura sphere on my bike as i was jumping off it in the air, and lucario was the one that exploded. It was pretty weird.

I'll have a video of it up tomorrow to showcase what happened.
This happened for me too, where I wasn't the one that got blown up. I don't remember the character unfortunately.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1a6zGleQQ

here's the video about the hurtbox and how your opponent gets hit too if they hit the bike somehow.

i still dont get how that works.
I've been able to replicate this by destroying Wario's bike using a projectile while he's off the bike, but still stuck in the animation of jumping off it.

I still don't get what sometimes causes him to get blown up instead of the attacker despite them being the one standing in the bike's blast radius, though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
See, if someone could've done this in my topic. :p

Well, have we found anyone else that it works on?
I know I saw it happening on another character. I don't remember which, but I'm sure it wasn't Lucario.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It works with any projectile as far as I've noticed, though since only a handful of characters have projectiles that are actually strong enough to destroy the bike, it's not very easy to pull off most of the time.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
It works with any projectile as far as I've noticed, though since only a handful of characters have projectiles that are actually strong enough to destroy the bike, it's not very eas y to pull off most of the time.
Do melee attacks always hit Wario or something?
If they don't it could just be lowered by other attacks before the finishing blow...

Does anyone know if the damage they take is equal to the projectile's damage?
Does it work on thrown items? Reflected projectiles? Falco's Reflector? Counter attacks? Are there any strange effects if another Wario eats the bike at that moment, or if it gets pocketed by Villager?
These are some things that could use testing if anyone's got the ability to do so.

Top Bottom