• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario - 6 Jumps?

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking the other day about Wario's recovery, is it really that great? It seemed really crummy in the videos I was watching, and then I got an idea. What if Wario can use his motorcycle to recover? He could get on, ride a little, then jump off. In addition, I was hoping that the Wario Waft wouldn't send you into freefall mode after you've used it. Knowing this, could Wario have up to a total of six jumps (five for recovering?) Here's the list:

1st Jump (1)
2nd Jump (2)
Motorcycle (3)
Jumping off of motorcycle (4)
Wario Waft (5) (could be taken away if not charged)
Wario Corkscrew (6, or 5 if Wario Waft isn't charged)

So, the way I look at it, Wario has a total of four recovery jumps while offstage and the Waft is not powered up? If so, then why aren't any of the pros abusing this, and most importantly, can anyone that has the game confirm this?

(Note about the two jumps for motorcycle thing: At first, I was debating whether to put getting on the motorcycle as a jump because it has barely any vertical gain from the start, but as it does transport you sideways I decided to count it as a jump.)

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
6 jumps, jumping of motorcycle doesn't add to TOO much height and the wario waft needs to be charged.

On average its 4, sometimes it's 5.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
6 jumps, jumping of motorcycle doesn't add to TOO much height and the wario waft needs to be charged.

On average its 4, sometimes it's 5.
Nice to see that Wario isn't completely terrible with recovery as he would be if the only recovering move he had is that Wario Corkscrew. At first when I was watching the pro videos I thought to myself, "Uh oh, this can't be good," but I'm glad that they (the recovery moves) were just being used the wrong way.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
The fully charged waft can star KO suicide you after a double jump, at least on stages with a moderately low celing. It's that powerful, maybe even more than Diddy's fully charged barrels.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
6 Jumps interesting, and so nice by the way, i've been watching the motorcycle for recovery in the videos and i think is very useful using it right.

Top Bottom