• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want Turok Nintendo 64 Games To Come To Wii U Virtual Console? It’s Now Time To Speak Up

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I liked Turok 1! The gameplay was a little simple, a little rough around the edges, but it made up for it in the atmosphere and weapons! Part of the charm of the game was how bad the enemy AI was sometimes! And of course, the cheat codes for making the enemies dance and have huge heads were hilarious.

Turok 2 had much better-looking levels, I think. The level design was definitely more confusing, though. Really easy to get lost, or miss secrets, or accidently backtrack. The weapons were okay; some great ones, but some terrible ones too. The enemies were horrendously generic, even if the AI was decent.

Turok 3 I lost interest in during the first level, so I have no idea if it got better or worse from there.

So Turok 64 I could see getting on the virtual console. The other two, I couldn't care less. I'd never buy the other two.

Booster

Smash Lord
As nice as it sounds, Disney owns Turok now and they killed the series, I'm not kidding, they bought the series to kill it off.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
As nice as it sounds, Disney owns Turok now and they killed the series, I'm not kidding, they bought the series to kill it off.

It seems like Classic Media always owned the IP rights and just licensed it out to Acclaim then eventually Buena Vista (Touchstone, Disney).

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I've only played through the first game in the series and from what I remember, it was very fun.

I probably wouldn't buy a VC version though, since I could buy the cartridge for pretty cheap, and I would much rather play a physical copy of a game.

Nooph

Smash Cadet
i have fond memories of getting frustrated with turok rage war's campaign. it'd be nice to play through that again.

Top Bottom