• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want to play Brawl on Wii U: Controller Options?

D

Deleted member 245254

So I'm looking at this GameCube WiiU Adapter:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GC-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG

Mix that with a wavebird or a normal GC Controller and how well does it work? Any input lag?
Wavebird does not work.

GC controller registers as a classic controller. Works fine but you're taking a gamble sometimes with those adapters.

I bought 4 of them for Smash and they've all broken within a couple months. Even when they were still working you would occasional notice lots of moments of input lag or they would even freak out occasionally.

When they work...they work. Buyer beware though, they just aren't completely reliable for the long term.

I'd recommend trying to play with the Wii Classic Pro control to start building finesse and muscle memory with the scheme (since the same layout is used for the upcoming smash 4).

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have the Mayflash adapter, and as long as you don't be rough with it or use it with a Wii Remote Plus, it works like a dream.

Even after the official GC adapter's out, I'm probably going to continue to use it for games that support the Classic Controller.

D

Deleted member 245254

I have the Mayflash adapter, and as long as you don't be rough with it or use it with a Wii Remote Plus, it works like a dream.

Even after the official GC adapter's out, I'm probably going to continue to use it for games that support the Classic Controller.
Out of curiosity what does using it with a Wii remote plus do?

Top Bottom