• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna play Ike? Wanna know more? Zareidriel is taking questions.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not really, Ike's aerials are too slow for that kind of an attack to be effective, though I may try it with his BAir.

I know of it, it's also known as Moonwalking or something methinks. Anyway, it's not too bad, as his BAir is quite a good technique, but I still prefer his Quick Draw for approaches.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Well the best way to work around the speed is to play a waiting game, IMHO. Though it won't work as well against projectile spammers, Ike has the advantage while on the defensive, with his SAF, power, and Counter. I tend to wait to be attacked and counter appropriately; aerial approaches get Aethered, while other approaches may merit an USmash, Quick Draw, Eruption, or aerial. Anything else specific you'd like to ask?

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
Zareidriel you stink... you make me want to cry because your too awsome ;_; anyways how is marth vs ike? Is it a good match up does ike have trouble fighting them?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
@Ikeuser - Yes, of course, with his SAF moves and Quick Draw he's able to quickly approach and punish projectile spammers. And if it's Fox, just run toward him and attack freely. xD

@Aether Lord - I'm sorry? XDDD And thanks, haha. Um, I haven't had any troubles with Marth YET, but since I used to main Marth like a lot of us probably did, I can tell you that Marth may have the advantage...but I'm not sure. If I lose to any Marths I'll tell you about the experience.

Miller

Smash Lord
Marth has a advantage over Ike, Its difficult to face one TBH. When facing one I play defensively untill i get a good hit off and rush them and apply the pressure.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
How good would you say his overall aerial game is? I know his bair is beastly by all accounts, but I want to know if I can jump into an attack knowing I have good options...or if I should just keep my feet planted.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Would a Marth/Ike Team be powerful you think? My friend and I were thinking about doing this, basically having Marth trying to knock opponents into Ike's charged moves.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Feet plantation is a good strategy, unless you're Aethering of course, but his aerials aren't bad. Besides the BAir, I like his FAir and NAir very much. Good priority and range, you just need to time it correctly.

Marth and Ike would be pretty beastly, especially with Marth's grab range, Ike could forward smash and it'd be over for most characters under 60%. But Ike might be better with Pit or Wolf or something though, since neither Ike nor Marth have any sort of projectile.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
How easy are some quick combos.... Like I am thinking back throw into a BAir and maybe follow up with a quick draw... That would put on alot of quick damage.

Basically .... does his back throw leave and opening for combos?

Miller

Smash Lord
Actually, my Ike is heavily based on his air game. I usually shield into fair or bair, sometimes dair. If I use Fair i follow it with another Fair, Bair results in a Quick Draw, and Dair into Up Smash.

Top Bottom