• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
Waluigi is NOT deserving. You mean to tell me that a character who is exclusive in spin-off party games is more deserving than a character who has been playable in the main platformer games?
(Wow, I'm late to answer but still.)

I said ONE of the characters who deserves it the most. And I will say that if you are referring to Toad, then I agree with you that he would deserve a spot too, BUT since this is a Waluigi thread, I support him over Toad.........also because Waluigi has always been my favorite character..........

As long as it's not Bowser Jr, I would be happy with either of them being picked but my hopes go more for Waluigi.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's so pathetic that Waluigi was so weak that he had to train in the shadows for many years before he became strong enough to...
face Luigi in a tennis match

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To be fair, supporting him won't do anything either.

All of these threads are meaningless.

Your dreams will never come true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

:( Especially when you know that Sakurai has probably made his final SSB4 roster by now.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet

DAMN, you beat me to it.

Actually, there is meaning..........its means that whoever was right gets to laugh in the other persons face and tell them to suck it......and vice-versa if their dreams didn't come true.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
:( Especially when you know that Sakurai has probably made his final SSB4 roster by now.
Maybe. If Namco has been hired now, then I would assume that means a lot of the pre-planning stuff is done. Can't tell them to get to work and oh wait what was it we were doing again uh yeah do that or this hold on let me figure this out.

But it is kind of funny that when this place really picks up with all the character support junk, later in the year or early next, that's really when everything is even more meaningless fun.

@Above: That is also true. Everything now is just a guessing game to see who has the biggest foresight penis.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, maybe these support threads would give Sakurai some ideas for Assist Trophies and last-minute clones. Remember when Sakurai held his Brawl poll in Japan AFTER he finalized his Sonic-less Brawl roster?

D

Deleted member

At least Waluigi is more likely than Sukapon. :smirk:

Sukapon hasn't even a hope in Hell. Face it, Sakurai just doesn't even give a single crap about Sukapon to give him a Trophy in Brawl after he PROMISED one! :awesome:

Also, Waluigi is definitely getting in over the Duck Hunt Dog as well. :smirk:

But seriously, take the anti-Waluigi bull**** out of here. This is supposed to be a support thread.

EDIT: I keep forgetting to mention that the OP spelled "Psychopathic" wrong...

D

Deleted member

Just remember to have this video ready for when Waluigi is revealed to be in Smash 4 as a Newcomer, folks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_qpwA84th8

I admit, there's a chance that he won't, but then again, a lot of reasoning against him is just crap.

Except for what Sakurai said about worrying about if he made the right decision with including Wario in Brawl, however, at the same time, Wario's inclusion went over pretty damn well.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
at least waluigi is more likely than sukapon. :smirk:

sukapon hasn't even a hope in hell. Face it, sakurai just doesn't even give a single crap about sukapon to give him a trophy in brawl after he promised one! :awesome:

Also, waluigi is definitely getting in over the duck hunt dog as well. :smirk:

But seriously, take the anti-waluigi bull**** out of here. This is supposed to be a support thread.

edit: I keep forgetting to mention that the op spelled "psychopathic" wrong...

+++++++++1

Smady

Smash Master
At the guy saying it should be psychopathic, that would mean we are psychopathic for supporting Waluigi. Look up sycophantic in the dictionary, it's very fitting. :bee:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Wait its sycophantic?..... oh i always thought this thread was called sycophrantic? Like a punn between phyco-frantic ×_× i guess i should read next time...

:phone:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I doubt Sakurai's 'doubt' over Wario, which he dismissed immediately afterward, claiming Wario would make 'unique' contributions to Brawl, is an obstacle to Waluigi, a character who could make completely unique contributions on his own.

Waluigi was also on that popularity magazine Sakurai used to pimp out Pit, IIRC.

Earthworm Jim

Smash Rookie
Waluigi is one of the characters whose play style I can envision in my mind. His personality is perfect for Smash, and he's got enough abilities/sports equipment to create multiple movesets. He's the staple character of the Mario Spin-off games which need a little more representation.

He gets my support

D

Deleted member

At the guy saying it should be psychopathic, that would mean we are psychopathic for supporting Waluigi. Look up sycophantic in the dictionary, it's very fitting. :bee:
Oh, sycoPHANTIC.
I read it as sycoPATHIC and thought it was a mispelling. :laugh:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I don't think it was a good idea to mention Waluigi's "competition", because you're inviting fans who'd choose them over him to reinforce their reasoning and you're hurting his chances of favorability. It shouldn't matter who he's up against--this threads about Waluigi. It would've been better to just go into detail about what he has going for him, moveset potential and the games he's been in.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it was a good idea to mention Waluigi's "competition", because you're inviting fans who'd choose them over him to reinforce their reasoning and you're hurting his chances of favorability. It shouldn't matter who he's up against--this threads about Waluigi. It would've been better to just go into detail about what he has going for him, moveset potential and the games he's been in.
I agree, we this thread should stay Waluigi and Waluigi only.
Also, if he makes the cut as a playable character, I think his moveset will be either a mixed mash of Mario's, Luigi's and Wario's moveset, something completely spin-off based or completely unique, like Wario in Brawl.

This is a very good example of a moveset that would work perfectly for Waluigi.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I bet Waluigi would have amazing jumping skills, since he's an exaggeration of Luigi in some aspects, and Luigi's already a good jumper.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I would love for it to happen.
I was actually kinda disappointed when Sakurai announced that Waluigi would be only an assist trophy in Brawl.
I would love to see Bowser Jr. and Toad, but Waluigi is the top Mario character in my list.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The fact that he's appearing as a playable character means he won't be summonable....

but Waluigi appears nonetheless!

D

Deleted member

The fact that he's appearing as a playable character means he won't be summonable....

but Waluigi appears nonetheless!
I could totally see Sakurai doing something like that, to reference his Assist Trophy entry.

Or maybe even pulling the "Expecting someone else? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" routine.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I support Waluigi mainly because I think his personality could be shown much more easily through his moves than 90 percent of the other potential newcomers.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Weird seeing a CUPLA mymers support a guy like Waluigi.

I thought you were better than that.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION EVERYONE, PLEASE VOTE FOR WALUIGI

http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/

VGTribune has officially started their Smash Poll for 2012. The winning combatant left standing will be presented to Masahiro Sakurai himself as the "most wanted character in America". This is on the basis that VGtribune is one of the highest amongst a long list, to have many interviews with Sakurai. Yes, this in your mind may not mean much. But it won't hurt you at all to vote

I remember them doing this a while back where they presented Sakurai with the winner of the previous poll, Django from Boktai and it got a ton of buzz so see Smash is actually in development now and the japanese poll is bound to start anyway, this is a pretty big deal. And they are taking write-in votes. You can vote for 16 characters.

Last time's joke character to be promoted and voted for to no end was Shuckle. We almost had it too until we were slightly overcome by a slight margin in the finals. This time, it will be dunsparce. So as a result, I want everyone to write in "Dunsparce" amongst the other characters you want in the comment box.

D

Deleted member

I don't do joke votes.
Anyways, I already voted, and I'm glad to see Waluigi is coming on top.

Although....I would hope that if in this case, Waluigi DOES win...that this doesn't kill Ridley.....

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I don't do joke votes.
Anyways, I already voted, and I'm glad to see Waluigi is coming on top.

Although....I would hope that if in this case, Waluigi DOES win...that this doesn't kill Ridley.....
We haven't reached there yet, so don't worry. Plus, Ridley has tons of votes as well. This is just to weed out the very most voted with the very least voted. To reiterate, you can vote for 16 characters on the poll :cool:

Isn't it possible for people to cheat and vote a lot more than once?
You can only vote once per IP/comp I believe. It depends if they're really going to take the time to vote on a different IP. Which I doubt people are dedicated enough to do so, especially on a non-official poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom