• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walljump Uair on FD

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was playing around in practice today, and I stumbled across a possibly useful move. Essentially, it's what's in the title. you drop from FD's ledge, then do a second jump and wall jump (you won't wall cling, so be aware of that) and immediately follow up with Uair. If done correctly, you should be able to hit someone right around two "tiles" (look at FD's floor, you'll know what I mean) away from the edge. Afterwards, you move forward a bit past and above the ledge, in perfect distance for a Bair, at which point you can land on the stage or drop back to the ledge. This has the advantage over simply ledge-hopping a Uair because you're much less vulnerable if you're shielded or if they're a bit too far back to hit. Plus, it has a tiny bit more range, something like a fifth of a tile. Not to mention you're set up for another aerial (or you could always do something like an air dodge, then ES back to the ledge if needed).

Comments? Is this useful or just a simple novelty?

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Anything that would keep you stay unpredictable is good! I rarely use ledge tactics but I think i should probably use them more. Walljump to forcepalm tricks people every once in a while and it feels good when i hit them with it. :)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
It sounds fairly useful. Also, if you just drop down and wall cling you could possibly fool them into thinking you were going to jump out after them, and they might air dodge or something so you can be more certain to hit them. Overall I say using the wall cling for mindgames on the edge is a good idea.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
The only problem is, you have to use ES in order to stick. If you just use the second jump, I don't think you can wall cling. Can you use ES a second time after wall clinging? If I remember right, you can't, which would limit your abilities for recovery. Anyway, I'll test all this out a little later and post back. Maybe we can find something useful out of this.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
o.O This opens up a lot of possibilities. If you could use that stall he showed combined with a Uair (not sure if it's completely possible), you could create a nice way of ledge pressure. Plus, you could randomly pop up above and follow up with a Bair, FP, or AS. I could see this as a very nice edgegame.

I might just have to test this tonight... If not then definitely tomorrow. This sounds really interesting...

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've been testing it, and several things. You can actually constantly stay underneath the stage (with the first thing Jeepy shows on the vid) and spam Uairs. This could be a nice way of getting them away from the edge, though probably not very effectively. It doesn't have a large hitbox, so they can just sit back like three tiles from the end and be safe.

But, here comes the cool part. Bair, if done just after walljumping, will hit at least a good 5 tiles from the edge. And while I don't think you can avoid going above the edge of the stage, you still have a large hitbox to protect you while you grab the ledge or land back on-stage. Add this in with edge clinging and you could get some nice ledge mindgames..

Anyway, still not quite sure if this has very much use in a real match, but it's cool nonetheless.

Top Bottom