• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wall teching is it necessary? Yes!!!

xCUREx

Smash Rookie
My friend, tron v2.0, seems to think that wall teching a meteor smash isn't necessary. Do any of you agree.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
indeed. im often faced with this situation and sometimes i try and walltech wen i should have just cancelled it. its up to the player, if he knows the spikes coming and he knows he can walltech it then id do it otherwise meteor cancelling is easier and safer.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wall teching is necessary. I once saw a video where ken wall teched against azen's marth's fsmash a few times and survived.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Wall teching is necessary. I once saw a video where ken wall teched against azen's marth's fsmash a few times and survived.
Teching Marth's fsmash isn't really that hard, if you're coming up. I also saw those videos, and I remember Ken getting himself killed, because he jump teched with marth, rather than teching in place, lolz.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
it is actually kinda hard to walltech marths fsmash smash di'ing a tipper is pretty tricky.

but yes wall teching is definitely something u should have down consistantly. altho meteor canceling is an easier method of recovering. wallteching a meteor smash is alright tho

Banks

Smash Hero
anything that saves you from death is necessary. unless you think living is not a necessity...

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Of Course everything in smash is situaltional
but for the most Part
you are going to want to wall tech/tech everything you can

as for the metor attach thing
wall teching does give you a few more options than metor cancling
but everything is situational
so I guess its however goes best for you in battle

Banks

Smash Hero
are you ******** idiot, wall teching doesnt just look cool, its necessary to not die. learn the game before you talk about it.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
We aren't talking about wall teching attacks in general, it's about wall teching a meteor. It helps if you can pull it off consistently, but you don't need it due to meteor cancelling.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think wallteching is utterly useless, who needs something that saves you from death :)

Haha no seriously learn it and use it whenever possible for sure..

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Naw man, wall teching is for noobs. The actual good people are the ones spiking and meteoring you down.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Why is this thread still open?

I think we all found out that anything that saves your from death is nessisary
like wall teching

Top Bottom