• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall of pain 2.0 tips + Up/down B usefull?

Demised

Smash Ace
Ok, so i've been practicing a couple of wall of pain tricks using up airs mixed with back airs to get the most effect out of the moves. Recently found ways to also mix it in with Forward + B making for relatively easy KO's since the hammer is a basic straight shot towards the edge with some unknown force. hehe. Needless to say, the combo capability Kirby has mixed with up tilts, up airs, and back airs is needless to say overwhelming on basically every character in the game. I'll post a video soon of rather effective combos that have got me to have a few people throwing there controllers.

Also Up B has been extremely useful for starting the combos mentioned above. If it hits correctly and its not that hard of a spot to hit, it knocks every character directly behind kirby just above him perfect for up airs + back air combos.

Down B alot of people are confused more than anything about why I even use it. But its even better when they get caught by it. I very rarely use it, but only when Ike is getting ready for a up smash, or Lucas is sending pk thunder which leaves him defenseless anyways and so on. Just slow moves as such. That and when your a rock, you cant get touched. Can you say leaving alot of final smashs useless atleast for a little while. Kirby is probably one of the only characters who can live a sonic final smash most of the time against a smart sonic anyways. (But who plays with items, besides gamestop).

ps. I love hitting lucas's pk thunder with a back air as he's trying to recover. Dirty tricks.

--Any thoughts or ideas?--

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
If this were Melee your Kirby would be full of fail. So would mine. x333

Up-B, my favorite move is super buffed. I even use it as a spaced out projectile. Down B is an edgeguarder or lag punisher.

Kirby's well known fence of pain is now dubbed wall of pain.

Demised

Smash Ace
It really is amazing how in melee you wouldnt even think of using alot of moves. Where as in Brawl, almost all of kirbys moves are just as useful as the other.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I almost forgot to mention about how good this dash attack is

Ahh..... I'll see if I can get vids up of me playing online with some really good people. (With these new techs)
I beat Dark Musician's Lucario with my Kirby. OMG
But over all he's a lot better than me. I probably won by his sandbagging or online lag. >_>

Demised

Smash Ace

Ahh..... I'll see if I can get vids up of me playing online with some really good people. (With these new techs)
But over all he's a lot better than me. I probably won by his sandbagging or online lag. >_>
I'd like to see some vids of some other good kirbys to see how I compare and such. I'll record some vids of me and our crew playing and post.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
how would you guys time a down b off the edge,i keep trying it after a combo but can never pull it off.

TheLake

Smash Master

Oh yeah? I beat his lucario with my marth so hah!

His zelda ***** mine though...suprise suprise :dizzy:

DM's too good

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Lake, Paypal Match? x3 (Yeah that was a joke, I don't have paypal cash lol)

Oh anyways, I was trying out how awesome the stone was. I actually gotten to fight a Lucas who I predicted would use Up Smash, so I went above his head and stoned him everytime.

And congrats on 4000 posts Hiro.

Top Bottom