• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall jumps + Ledge Trump = Ledge Trump Jump?

Event43

Smash Rookie
Somewhere on planet Tellus, where? You tell us...
NNID
Event43
3DS FC
3625-8407-7440
I've noticed that if your character can ledge jump, and if the opponent ledge trumps you, it is possible to go into a walljump just before the ledge trump animation. This basically mean that you can avoid the ledge trump animation as you get pushed of the ledge, allowing you to avoid any follow ups (Since you can use any action just as if it were a normal wall jump).

I'm not sure if it is possible to wall cling instead of wall jump with certain characters.
This makes all the characters with walljumps able to easily make it out of ledge trumps.

It only requires 1 input. Just input a wall jump a little before the ledge trump (Move the opposite way of the ledge/wall).

It does only work on certain stages for certain characters. Mostly on stages with flat walls near the ledge

I have done it by mistake as Dr Mario multiple times, but through that I avoided the ledge trump animation and managed to get away without any greater threats. Even the AI did it.

I hope this can be useful, Even Little Macs can get use of this.
Let's call it Ledge Trump Jump for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom