• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall-jumping in Brawl?

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I think it's probable that wall jumping will return in Brawl. It helps experienced players in certain situations, and it honestly doesn't change gameplay much at all for most people. I think that since most people who play SSBM either don't know it exists or don't employ it, the only reason for wall jumping to be taken out would be to damage competitive play. I just don't see them doing this to the franchise.

But, if it does stay in, I think they should let every character have a wall jump, except for the multi-jump characters (Kirby, Pit, etc.) That way, certain characters wouldn't be screwed if they get stuck in between two walls COUGHNESSCOUGH. (And to exaplain, I don't think multi-jump characters should be able to wall jump since they could kick off of a single wallafter each "main" jump, allowing them to have uber vertical recovery, if you understand what I mean.)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I think they will feep it, I mean why take it out? It helped out for different characters and and different player's styles. I think you will see it in Brawl for sure.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I think it will return. And I also think that giving it to alot of characters probably isn't a very good idea. Maybe more characters should have it, but they should definately be the minority. Really the main thing I want to see done with it is giving us more stages where it is useful. In Melee most of the stages where alot of wall jumping could be performed where the broken stages like Hyrule or Fourside. I think that the most important thing for them to do to make it more useful, is make more stages with applications of it.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I swear to God if Pikachu can't walljump in the next one I'll be mad. I can't believe Pichu could and Pika couldn't. Pichu's a baby.. Pika is nimble... oh well. yeah I hope it comes back.

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
it gots 2 return it shood since in ssbm it was so usefull if it dosent their gona have regrets on not putting it and maby less sells and lots of people will get pissed:burst:

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I don't think it'll affect much if its taken out but it should be kept in so that players have more options in doing things. Examples include recovering from the bottom of FoD, Wall jump to up-b/phantasm to keep the opponent guessing, to Up-b cancel with Mario giving him unlimited vertical recovery as long as he's near a wall, etc. It just gives the players more optional things to implement into their gameplay, so I don't think it'll be removed.

NG7

Smash Lord
I can't think of many uses it had in melee, but i think it'll be back.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Ehn...I agree. It's essentially useless in combat...though I'll admit, I tried to no end to integrate it somehow into Y.Link's wavedashing to no avail.

T-major

Smash Champion
untill I saw this thread, wall jumping in brawl never even crossed my mind... that being said, they defenatly will keep it in. why would they take it out?

I think they should make it more useful; like highandmightyjoe said, make more stages where wall jumping will be useful. but on the other hand, not every character should be able to wall jump, so making stages where you need to wall jump might end up being cheap.

as for characters that should be able to wall jump; I seriously think that DK should be able to. for one, he's a gorilla, which means he should have some acrobatic skills. second, he could wall jump in Jungle Beat which proves he can wall jump, so having the ability to do so in Brawl is his birth right.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I don't believe it would make much of a difference if was in or not, seeing how it rarely helps in combat. But it's fun to play with, and it's not going to hurt anyone if it's there. I hope more characters are capable of doing this (or at least the logically capable).

If you enjoy walljumping, you better be thankful to Mario. He invented that sheezy. >.>

Micahc

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't wall jumping be in Brawl? Frankly, it makes about as much sense as taking out the shield. There's no logical reason to take it out. If they did though, I doubt people would actually care... or notice...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There's still questions as to whether the sheild is in there or not, as it was absent in the Nintendo World Trailer. But I doubt that either of these two elements will be gone forever.

pdk

Smash Lord
it's one of those little nuances that add a bit to the game, if anything it'd make more sense to keep it than to remove it

colombiangodman

Smash Rookie
I think wall-jumping is more of a luxury than an actual necessity. It was a raw, undercooked, useless ability that affected no general circumstance in the game. If Brawl producers decide to keep it, it should have more emphasis than a specific abilty useful on very few levels and with no particular usabilty other than show-offiness.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
What I'm wondering is if they return wall-jumps, would they return sheild reflecting? Like wall-jumping, it had no real use in combat, but it's a lot easier to use consistantly, while reflecting really didn't benifit anyone except for computers.

colombiangodman

Smash Rookie
What I'm wondering is if they return wall-jumps, would they return sheild reflecting? Like wall-jumping, it had no real use in combat, but it's a lot easier to use consistantly, while reflecting really didn't benifit anyone except for computers.
I agree the shield reflecting ability was totally useless.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Wall-jumping should return. It is useful with certain chars at certain stages or mindgames. I use it with Fox all the time.

Reflecting/Power shielding is very useful. I just love playing against samus and reflecting those blasts/missiles right back in her face or powershielding smashes and not losing any shield.

Top Bottom