• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walk-off nair to edgeguard.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I think I did this accidentally during a match, but it worked. It's especially good on Omega stages without a wall (such as FD or Mute City), but you're dealing damage and knockback either way. No one I've played so far has seen it coming because Nair off the stage used to be an instant death for Ike in Brawl. But thanks to his ability to recover after it now, you can turn it into a lethal edgeguard or even a gimp. When someone recovers low, nair is good at punishing airdodges if timed properly. This will knock them up against the stage, perhaps even the bottom of it.

The only drawbacks are that good players can tech it and the Circle Pad might not read "right to Up B", thus causing a misdirection in Aether that causes you to SD. But if your recovery is just right, then you have nothing to worry about. This especially because Nair has good range. How much priority it has over other Up Bs I don't know yet, but still testing it out.

Test #1: Bowser Jr. is a bad choice for this. If you whiff and he Up Bs, the exploding Koopa Clown Car can blow you far away, ending you instead because you won't recover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom