• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waiting room CPU started fighting on its own!

1FC0

Smash Lord
I was waiting for an opponent when suddenly the CPU started attacking me and I did not attack him he started on his own! Maybe he does that if you wait a long time because I am in banland so I have to wait very long sometimes!

link2702

Smash Champion
so apparently I am in this banland too....

which is stupid because I've not really done anything to get sent there. Unless you consider playing perfectly within the boundaries of the game and camping/timing a player out because that was the most effective strategy against his character, banworthy. Which is quite honestly stupid and pitiful if nintendo actually did it because of that.

1FC0

Smash Lord
so apparently I am in this banland too....

which is stupid because I've not really done anything to get sent there. Unless you consider playing perfectly within the boundaries of the game and camping/timing a player out because that was the most effective strategy against his character, banworthy. Which is quite honestly stupid and pitiful if nintendo actually did it because of that.
It is believed that you get in banland if you get reported a lot. If you play very good and make sore losers salty enough to report you for it, then you might end up in banland for that.

In fact some think that in banland you can only play against other people in banland. If this is true then you might expect to see many offensive profiles there. However i do not often see an offensive profile. The pattern that I notice is that since I am in banland people tend to be a lot better. So it looks to me like the report function is mainly used as revenge against good players who beat bad losers.

The report function needs to go, most FG 1v1 Smashers justcan not handle the power because losing upsets them too much.

Little about this banland is confirmed though, it is mostly based on the experiences of people.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I've never had to wait too long in the waiting room while online, but it will start to do things if you hit it. I think it also incorporates things that you do in the waiting room into its behavior because it seems to flail about and crouch a lot....which is mostly what I do in the waiting room if I do anything at all lol.

Agreed though that the FG ban feature sucks ass and needs an overhaul.

Top Bottom