• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waiting half a second rule help

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Ground game is something I have trouble dealing with, especially against characters like Mega Man that can camp all day and side dodge as soon as you get close. I've heard a lot players say about "waiting for half a second rule". Do you have any suggestions on how I can get better in that area?

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
i dont know what the waiting half a second is, but as you play pit you could just put up the reflector.
also if he rolls into you just down smash to punish it
if he consistently rolls backwards just dash past him and grab him when he pops up.

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
What I mean is I have trouble frame trapping other players, and I really don't know how to do it. I did it on someone once and it felt really good, but I wasn't able to accomplish that again.

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
ohhhhhhhhh
im no expert on this but ive heard that the easiest version is to bait and airdodge and then punish the landing lag when they land.

i see pits your main so you could get them into the air and shoot an arrow: if they airdodge theyll have landing lag so you can grab them or fsmash them (probably other things too i dont know pit that well XD). if they dont airdodge they get hit by the arrow.

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Baiting the airdodge I have no problems with, especially fighting offstage when I can wait until the person airdodges. Its sidedoding I'm having trouble punishing. As far as baiting them to airdodge with arrows is concerned, I have no problem with that off stage. Its more onstage I have issues with. The problem is trying to punish them on time when your on two opposite ends after firing off an arrow when they are constantly jumping around, especially fighting Sheiks.

ChefKef

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hayesey
3DS FC
3368-2641-2915
Mario, Cape, DUN

The cape is a hard counter to all of MM because being able to throw everything back at him, especially his f smash is very helpful, and the cape will also send the roll the other way, disorienting the opponent.

Top Bottom