• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wahaha: Just beat Alpha Sapphire

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've been a fan of the series since Red version but this time around I tried something new. The first Zigzagoon I ran into made me laugh and very happy to see his silly jagged grin and I was just a big fan of his design in 3D in general. So I caught him and didn't care about IV nature etc. I decided to push through the game with this lil guy as my bud. I am not a fan of his evolved form, so I canceled every evolution attempt throughout the game. It made leveling up a bit more entertaining and it turns out you get boosted exp if you don't evolve now :O
He would interrupt the most important of story moments to try to evolve on such a regular basis, it was pretty funny to me. And I used a silk scarf for the most part for him to be viable in many areas, so it was too much of a hassle to everstone.

Anyway I'm just posting to say I actually pulled it off, and had one of my favorite first run through experiences I've ever had in a Pokemon game, not to mention they did such an amazing job with this remake and I was a fan of the original. So here I am introducing the newest League Champion pokemon,
Loon my silly little Zigzagoon,

Loon.jpg

He was 76 by the end of the E4 and gained about 5 levels while fighting them from the extra "unevolved" boost lol. I had to TM swap for each member of the E4 and it was a bit of a struggle at times, but considering the games are never that hard, it made it fresh :D

The date is completely off I realized after the fact XD
But that's just because I must have went wacko with my 3DS date/time and forgot.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
That's one awesome success story! xD I love how you went through the whole game with just a Zigzagoon! Kudos to you sir for an awesome and moving tale!

And well done for beating it three years before its release date too! :p lol

Rezbit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShiKage
Nice. I like Zigzagoon, but I'm not a fan of his evolutions. I typically make him my HM mule for that reason. It's amazing how many of them he can learn.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
Zigzagoon/Linoone is the homie

i had one on my team and contributed well

all the one-hit/two hit Ko's it got on Sidney's Pokemon made me wanna hi-5 it thru the screen

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
That's one awesome success story! xD I love how you went through the whole game with just a Zigzagoon! Kudos to you sir for an awesome and moving tale!

And well done for beating it three years before its release date too! :p lol
lol I know when I saw the date I was a bit taken back X] I must have changed it for some time specific event way back when for animal crossing or pokemon or something and never set it back to normal. Oh well hue

Yeah he was really fun through the game, I did have to take a few others along for traveling purposes when needed. HMs etc. But I made it a focus that Loon was first in party at all times and exp share was off because the goal was the E4 solo so even my starter wasn't able to mega evolve when I was given the stone, but he was still able to use Cut Strength etc lol. I'm starting to hunt for a full party now and can't believe all the side missions I'm running into... this game is amazing. And the eon flute is one of the greatest immersion additions ever. The map, which is one of the better in the series to me, looks incredible flying around it, being able to hit any road or focus point as well is just such a bonus...

Nice. I like Zigzagoon, but I'm not a fan of his evolutions. I typically make him my HM mule for that reason. It's amazing how many of them he can learn.
I know! who would have thought, he actually has a pretty varied TM selection for in game use as well, which was helpful. I made other pokes my HM mules so I had move options for him without having to "forget" them the hard way each time.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I honestly can't wait to get this game! It was my first ever Pokemon game (my first ever Pokemon, Torchic, now sits in my PC as a lvl 100 Blaziken for breeding, so he's having a happy enough retirement :p ), and I can't wait to see what they've done with it!

The flying really does sound amazing to me! I remember looking enviously on Steven as his Skarmory swept him away to destinations unknown, and wishing to see more than just a 2D map of "where would you like to go?". It really does sound like an entirely new experience!

If you're looking a good Hoenn team, I'd certainly recommend a Salamence for your Atk sweeper, and maybe a Duskclops/Dusknoir as your wall. They are probably, alongside Blaziken of course, my favourite Hoenn Pokemon, with great stats to boot!

Of course, I'm sure you'll keep Loon in your team! He sounds like he's been a great travel companion, and your adventures with him are far from over! :)

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I honestly can't wait to get this game! It was my first ever Pokemon game (my first ever Pokemon, Torchic, now sits in my PC as a lvl 100 Blaziken for breeding, so he's having a happy enough retirement :p ), and I can't wait to see what they've done with it!
If you loved the original, you are in for such a treat. I always thought Gen 3 was underrated, but now that it's gotten a little age to it, it's clear that it has staying power.

You could ask my brother about the Dusknoir I used to use in Sapphire/Emerald XD it was when I first discovered Ev training and IVs so even my amateur catching/EV training, was just too much for him before I explained how it worked lol. And I too chose Torchic as my starter my first play with Sapphire! We have shared tastes lol

Flying around... is incredible. Even if the true benefit is being able to land just about anywhere, it adds such depth to the region as a whole and really brings places together in feel.

Dex Nav is epic. Flying on Latias/Latios is epic. This remake is a gem. Any fan of the series should get it ASAP.

Loon will definitely be leading the way through my adventures of hunting and collecting and full clearing the game :D
I also caught a Shiny Zorua which I was hunting for that will be in the party.
c:
.png

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
If you loved the original, you are in for such a treat. I always thought Gen 3 was underrated, but now that it's gotten a little age to it, it's clear that it has staying power.

You could ask my brother about the Dusknoir I used to use in Sapphire/Emerald XD it was when I first discovered Ev training and IVs so even my amateur catching/EV training, was just too much for him before I explained how it worked lol. And I too chose Torchic as my starter my first play with Sapphire! We have shared tastes lol

Flying around... is incredible. Even if the true benefit is being able to land just about anywhere, it adds such depth to the region as a whole and really brings places together in feel.

Dex Nav is epic. Flying on Latias/Latios is epic. This remake is a gem. Any fan of the series should get it ASAP.

Loon will definitely be leading the way through my adventures of hunting and collecting and full clearing the game :D
I also caught a Shiny Zorua which I was hunting for that will be in the party.
c:
View attachment 31642
I'm glad to hear it's as good as it was back in the day! :p

I remember the time I first EV trained. It was after a special GAME event, where I had brought my best team, hearing a pro was there, and I felt sure I could beat him. His highest Pokemon was a lvl 70 Kyogre, against my all 100 team. I never got to see the rest of his Pokemon... xD So I started EV training, but only in the last few months started IV training.

You chose Torchic too? Nice! :D I've kind of got a Torchic obsession :p

You can land ANYWHERE!?! O.o Wow! I actually hadn't heard about that yet! Lol That does sound amazing! And have you encountered any legendaries in the sky yet? Oh, I can't wait to get this at Christmas!

You found a shiny Zorua? Nice work man! Shiny Pokemon are so tough to find :/ I never did get to breed that shiny perfect IV Aegislash I'd been hoping for... Lol

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Oh and by land anywhere D:
I mean on any route, I don't mean any patch of grass or area of each route haha. Just making sure I clear this up, just don't want to get hopes up anywhere they shouldn't be. But it's still a great feature and I find myself flying on Latias just about all the time.

Hope you enjoy it this Holiday :D

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Oh and by land anywhere D:
I mean on any route, I don't mean any patch of grass or area of each route haha. Just making sure I clear this up, just don't want to get hopes up anywhere they shouldn't be. But it's still a great feature and I find myself flying on Latias just about all the time.

Hope you enjoy it this Holiday :D
Ohhhh... xD That's still pretty awesome though! Haha

Top Bottom