• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waft-Level Uses

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I really like the Waft. Like, REALLY. The gas, oh yeah. What I was wondering about is, do you guys have any smart uses for the different levels of the Waft? Do the two first ones have any uses? To me:

Level 1: ???. I haven't really used it, so I'm not sure if the animation is too long to follow up the tripping. I also tried to hit an areal opponent, but nothing happened. The Quick Waft custom, though, is really good, and the animation is super-quick, so you can easily follow up the tripping. Rose Waft is also useful on this level. I think it deals about 7 damage, and put a rose on their head. But what about the normal one?

Level 2: As a last resort/for style. I like this one. Just a small fart that has decent enough knockback. If the opponent has a lot of damage and I've just recently used my waft, I now and then try to land the level 2 waft just for the style of it.

Level 3: I like to mix this and the Level 4 one. Sometimes I use this to get some early KOs, and in these matches, I can use the waft more often. When I use the Level 4 waft, I almost always save it for the opponent's second stock. With this I can use it more often, and the "eating-bike-parts-to-charge-waft" mechanic becomes more useful here, I feel.

Level 4: To finish off the opponent's second stock quickly. I almost never use it on their first stock. IF needed, I may use it to recover if that's the last resort on my last stock.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
For regular waft level 1 and 2 are near useless. Level 3 is actually better than level 4 in some ways as it comes out 4 frames faster. It's still strong enough to get KO's as well. Level 4 waft is obviously great, but dont be afraid to close out a high percent stock with it.

For rosewaft level 1 and 2 are actually sometimes useful. Level 2 rosewaft is actually a great edge guarding tool.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Level 4 waft also has the tell with the red glow, which can be an advantage for the opponent. Level 3 does not and can still KO pretty well.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Honestly believe Warios don't abuse level 3 waft enough.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Yeah, its actually pretty useful in some matchups or situations. The lack of a glow and the lesser startup make it more unpredictable and hard to react to, and it's a very decent kill move(killing at 100% from center).

Pikachu is the only matchup I can think of where I will consistently use Level 3 Waft.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I always use the level 3 waft unless my opponent is at a percent where I can get a kill off something like f-throw or bair, so I can save the full charge for the next stock.

The level 1 and 2 wafts only have a use with the custom versions.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
I mostly use level 3 Wafts. I honestly don't understand Wario's who mostly use level 4. If you find yourself doing that, you're using the move wrong.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I find myself using fart 3/4 on vanilla Wario most often. I tend to only use fart 3 when I'm edgeguarding at lower percents or something, otherwise I wait for the max charge fart to close an early stock, but it really depends on how the match is going.

I honestly love Wario's Quick Waft custom. Fart 1 has some bizarre uses that I haven't been able to mess around with much but it's there. Rose Waft 2 is actually a pretty decent option considering its charge time and damage.

I actually like Wario's custom Wafts because it permits more versatile uses of the move.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
The death of customs makes me sad... I just played non customs and I really felt the lack of Rose Waft... Missed almost every fart.

Roots

Smash Cadet
I honestly think both the customs are better than his default.
Quick waft comes out disgustingly quick, frame 3 I think, kills before 100, and has extremely quick recharge
Rose waft does great damage, has stupid range, kills at reasonable percents, and recharges quicker
Regular waft is absurdly powerful but missing can cost you the game

However, the fact that nair > full waft actually exists makes the regular waft a lot scarier

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, Quick Waft also has a significantly smaller hitbox than the normal one, for all that's worth.

Having the extra range on Rose Waft is way more useful than the other two, I feel. Still KOs reasonably well with Rage.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
I'm more partial to the default Waft since it is just so damn terrifying in a 2 stock game. Rose Waft absolutely craps on(no pun intended) some characters just because of the sheer range on it, such as Falcon.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Level 3 waft is REALLY unexpected so I do that often. I usually go do an off stage waft at level 4 though.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I wish the normal Waft's Level 1 was quicker. Like the Quick Waft. Then it would actually be very scary. It has start-up and a low hitbox so it's hard to hit with, but it would be awesome if you could make them trip AND follow up afterwards. Level 1 Waft for the normal one is simply useless (I think?) as it is now because the cooldown makes it impossible to follow up. Would be awesome to have a use for all 4 levels.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Eh, I see that as the same thing as saying "I wish uncharged DK Punch were useful." You have to wait in order to get a significant benefit.

Top Bottom