• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle discussion

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I main ddd and I am pretty good at him (or so I am told). I never use the waddlers cept for when my opponent is far away. I just neva use it for anytin else and I was wonderin if u guys had any Ideas? Thanx in advIce.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
throw waddle dees to throw off your opponents rhythm. like when they are dashing at you or off a ledge. also the occasional gordo is a great kill move. but not so reliable. haha

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
why wouldn't have this 20% damaging lazer shooting one eye freak on the field to help you combo with!

just throw them when u think is necessary useful such as to approach or to stop opponents from approaching

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I use em when I want to want to offset my opponent and try something different. I use em, see their reaction, and move in with a counter-counter.

I especially like Waddle Doo's for this, since they force the opponent to move or get zapped.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
waddles=little angels
theyre great makeshift aerial attacks, use them against airborne opponents
(after getting airborne yourself) you can use them to predict what an opponent will do at an edge too. Use them to gimp, use them returning to the stage(make sure to jump+sideB).
use them at closer range for shock value, use them to block projectiles, or inhale them in hopes of gaining their strength ETC.
when im not close enough to hit my opponent, 3/4ths of the time im throwing a waddle, even if it doesnt hit. your opponent will try airdodging them and their momentum can leave them vulnerable.

and thats just waddle dees, Doos are great for setting up Fsmashes and dash attacks.
if you have SOME sense of timing you can easily chaingrab into them.
you can even control them, if you have one close to you, Ftilt it
(it will face you and land across the stage)
it will then walk towards you, this is perfect to chaingrab into.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Waddles=Pwnsauce!

but seriously this move is spammable
just don't overdo it..it can get annoying bombarding your opponent with waddle dee's and doo's
the chance of a gordo might make your opponent steer clear when you start tossing those little buggers
and no its not annoying as in that moves so cheap! but annoying as in....he's still tossing waddles? -_- oy

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget you can alter the trajectory of the Waddles by holding up or down while in the throwing animation. This has been a curse for me though, because I get so used to the physics of the Waddles, that when a Gordo comes it, out goes right over the opponent's head T_T /sigh

Top Bottom