• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VSDJ that retains momentum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masky

Smash Master
I was messing around with Sonic today and I managed to do a VSDJ out of a dash that retains my horizontal momentum. It seems like it could be a useful alternative to the Spinshot technique, since the VSDJ retains Sonic's double jump while the Spinshot does not.

Is this already known? Does anyone know an easy/reliable way to do this? The only way I've been able to do it is by pressing "A" really quickly after initiating the spin dash out of a dash, but the timing seems really strict.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is called an Instant Spin Dash Jump.
In the future, please direct questions to our FAQ thread.

Q: Is Spinshot different from Instant Spin Dash Jump (ISDJ)?

A: Yes! In the purest of explanations, it is quite literally just a SDJ (Spin Dash Jump). It retains your double jump, has an active hitbox, and maintains any other qualities of SDJ (may be possible out of Spin Charge, but further testing is required).*
* Reference: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-...-instant-spin-dash-jump.373605/#post-17792767

Recommended [only?] input(s):

• Ground:
[Dash] :GCR:/:GCL: > [Tap] :GCR:/:GCL:+:GCB: (Don't hold and charge) > immediately [Tap] :GCA: (Attack) or [Flick] :GCCD:
:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom