• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Zelda

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, the priority of her forward and upsamsh are annoying.

Frustrated as writing this.

So any one have good tips for fighting Zelda or what to keep in mind.
Shiek help is welome too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anyone who goes sheik against pikachu either

a) is toying with you

b) an idoit

c) refuses to ever use Zelda

d) Mains Sheik and sucks with Zelda

but now for help

Don't spam cause her love attack. watch for din's fire but with practice you can dodge it. NEVER try to attack above. Usmash is on par as annoying as your down smash to her. Jolt to throw her off and to approach to make her unable to charge smashes against you. Your small size helps a lot in avoiding her.

If aerials are a problem, air dodge or jolt cause love won't do much in the air.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Probably the best advice is to try and juggle her in the air. Being a Zelda main, it is very hard to come down on someone once she is in the air. Her dair stinks unless it's sweetspotted, so do her bair and fair, but they probably have more range than pikas aerials. As stated earlier, don't spam jolt, but maybe shjolt so that if she reflects it, you don't get hit, and go for a grab as soon as the animation of the crystal is ended. Use dsmash a lot, she's not great close combat, but she's got a fast dsmash so be careful. Beware of the Uair, kills pika probably in the 90s or even a little below. Zelda is a defensive character, so wear her down, and go in for a close hit.

Oh, yeah, don't spam thunder either, as she can reflect it to automatically hit you for a good amount of damage.

Achelion

Smash Cadet
For Sheik, I would make use of your down smash. Not much Sheik has is going to be able to get through the priority. As far as Zelda, I would air dodge the inevitable spam-dins-fire tactic and force her into range by fighting fire with fire (jolt spam).

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Oh whoops, I just realized I put the priority of her aerials is annoying. I meant forward and upsmash. If I go for a fair in front and above her, I just get blocked by one of those freaking moves.

I usually get downsmashed before I can downsmash. I can't spam because her side B is stronger and seems to outspam me. I can only do so much in edgeguarding. and it is just frustrating. Especially the reflector.

I haven't seen her comboed easily but I will look up some videos.. Thanks for the replies.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Stay on the ground unless she is already above you. In that case you can nair the crap out of her. Just watch out for the fair and bairs and her usmash. That thing is annoying as hell. Dmash ftw.

Also, mix in some skull bash. I can't really explain why, but skull bash really helps when I fight a Zelda.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm having trouble with a Zelda also. Can anyone help me? I have no approaches on her, and she's spamming spotdodges like an idiot, but I'm having trouble with it, and it's frustrating me. The Din's is easy to dodge. Just about everytime I get her into the air, she'll sweetspot a move on me. I come from below and she'll sweetspot me or use Nayru's. I come from above, it's upsmash. and when I come from the side, she'll pull out her fsmash wall. thundershock gets nayrued. Any tilt or smash (except my downsmash) get spotdodged and then she'll pull out the dtilt card and get a free fsmash.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Hmm it seems like you are just getting read like a book and mindgamed by your friend so you could try just being more unpredictable? I found just getting in her grill and staying there with tilts and stuff and dsmash is good. my two cents anyways..

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Your projectile game is alot better if your on the offensive. If you find your using projectiles out of defense, Your doing it wrong. You should always be pressuring Zelda as she is amazingly easy to gimp and read. What you should be doing in a projectile war is Thunder jolting once, shielding the Djinns fire, thunder jolt twice, and repeat. You should be abusing your fair against her (With short hop so you don't get ***** by her upsmash) and your down smash.

Top Bottom