• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs. Yoshi?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
This is a matchup that half scares me, not because I do badly in it, I've never played it. But because I've seen how devastating Yoshi can be in the right hands and I don't want to go into the match unprepared.

So how does Peach go about fighting a Yoshi? What advantages does Peach have? Which moves are particularly effective and what are the stages I should: A: Ban. B: Watch out for and C: Counterpick?

Thank for reading and giving advice in advance,

BB.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't really use Peach against Yoshi, but pretty much all Yoshi players I've ever met talk about how badly Peach destroys Yoshi. Remember that Peach is floaty, so she is harder for Yoshi to combo.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90161

This is what Yoshi players might do to you. Find someone who knows this matchup better to give you real tips..

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Thank for the advice and the Link Rapid, it's really useful =D Can you reccomend any names that could help or matches on youtube that are worth taking notes from?

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Peach can pretty much eliminate a Yoshi (on the same skill level or lower) on any stage, but I would say that stages like FD and DL64 give Peach an even higher chance of winning.

And by the way, nair pretty much eats most of Yoshi's best moves. Nair, bair, f-air, dash attack, d-smash, beets...what can a Yoshi do?

(AND I CAN'T FIND GOOD VIDS OF PEACH V YOSHI...T_T)

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
check out wife he owns u will learn alot
yoshi can own peach if he keeps her in the air high for long so when fighting yoshi stay on ground and float cancel alot to pull off her slow but powerful kill moves plus back kick a yoshi when it tries to get back on stage kills it so easily

plus u gotta practice against yoshi u cant do normal stuff u have 2 change up ur atk pattern remember yoshis eggs r annoying and u should own yoshi in no time

Cia

das kwl
Yeah, i've heard some yoshi players tell me that peach ***** yoshi. and than i play'd eggm in tournament and OMFG. i did win that match (thank god), but it was crazy. the only thing peach can do to yoshi without fail is Fair his second jump. that's probably why yoshi players fear peach when they are off the stage. other than that, a good yoshi can go head to head with peach.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Peach DOES **** Yoshi. Because his game is reliant on CC'ing/DJC punishing, Peach is able to either Dsmash him if he's CCing, or space with bair/nair/fair to eat him alive in the air. And if he does hit you in the air? So what? Unless you're at a ridiculously high percent, he won't kill you, and he has a really hard time comboing you. Combine that with the fact that you can pillar his shield/FC with the greatest of ease, and a properly spaced dsmash can stop **** near any of his approaches, and you've already got the match stacked in your favour. BUT! Let us not forget turnips, and the combos resulting therein. Also, Usmash, and FC Uair combos make him regret life. You can stack 40 damage on him easy from almost any move, and continue from there with proper prediction/mindgames.

Really, Yoshi is cake, unless you're facing some monstrosity like Fumi. Even then, you could probably just camp, haha.

I'll see if I can get some matches with Bloshi taped before he moves.

Top Bottom