• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Wii Fit Trainer - Matchup Discussion and Analysis

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Either this board is not very active, or nobody cares about this matchup, it seems. I guess I can contribute something, even though I wouldn't say my opinion is the most valuable.

I'm not an amazing player and I mostly play on FG. But I don't feel threatened when I'm playing WFT and I see a player starting off with Marth/Lucina. Obviously, this is mostly because most FG Marths and Lucinas are not very good (I notice that Lucinas tend to be worse). Occasionally you do find some good players though, but most of the time even the best ones don't have an easy time against WFT.

Specific to this matchup, a big mistake I see is attempting to go deep for edgeguards against WFT. WFT is one of the most challenging characters to edgeguard I think because she can air stall so well with Deep Breathing and Header, and her up-B has disjointed hitboxes. That and two of her actual recovery moves can kill you - Header can outright spike, and Super Hoop can stage spike or occasionally just push you too far offstage. A better player than me will make that even more likely to happen. And of course, she has two aerials that spike as well. WFT's offstage game is generally better than her opponents', and this matchup is not really an exception.

Other than that, Marth/Lucina's sword outranges WFT's standard attacks, while obviously WFT has a pair of very good projectiles that can both zone and kill (charged SS and much more rarely, offstage Header snipe) which can make things difficult for you.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of deep thoughts here.

Last edited:

Shadow_13

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6916-4604
I think on stage, Marth may have the advantage. As far as off stage goes, I think the only thing Marth has going for him is a lucky edge tipper or running off stage with a BAir to stage spike. I'm not sure on this either and they are both my secondaries.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
This one is tricky.. i just don't have experience with the MU to add any critique. I feel overall WFT played at an Equal level as a Marth/Lucina main has a significant advantage with their Sun Salutation, Volleyballs and awkward spacing and moves. my only real gauge of this was facing @Ace3rdStar in the final match of a Tourney and being so uncomfortable with the MU, as i was completely caught off guard so many times. He almost 2 stocked me in fact... :sadeyes: -2 or -3 IMO
:4wiifitm: 60:40 :4marth:
:4wiifit: 65:35 :4lucina:

Last edited:
Top Bottom