• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Shiek in the neutral

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Hello,
so im having a lot of trouble in understanding what to do in order to turn the neutral into an offensive situation vs. sheik. I'm not too sure what Falco's best approach is against her when she is charging needles, or threatening air space with filling aerials or needles, more so falling bair. Should I be attempting to go for more direct shine grab attempts because of her lacking OoS options? I know the basis of fighting sheik is to knock her off stage to start with any character. Any advice on what to do, or even how to go off of throws would help.

`Rival

Smash Cadet
-when sheik is charging needles on the floor, shoot her/maneuver around

-if she is charging needles on a platform youll have to be careful how you handle it because if you go onto the other side platform to shoot her, or commit to doing full jump lasers, sheik can use that time to get under falco/grab center stage. if you approach on the ground too recklessly, she may be able to space an aerial on falco by quickly falling through the platform. i sometimes deal with this by inching forward slowly and acting as though i want to get under her but then move back. if she falls for it, she may fall through and whiff the aerial and then i'll be ready for what she does next. if she stays on the platform, i might try to space an upair/shine or maneuver around some more. if she shows a pattern of when she falls through the platform (or not), then i know what to do.

-if she jumps and throws needles, depending on your distance, you can shoot at her, dodge it and then predict what she will do after, or read the jump and run under her and shine/uptilt/upair.

-if sheik is spacing aerials, you can stay patient and laser her and then predict how she will respond. i'm pretty sure that this is the only way to really deal with her spacing bairs. sometimes you can beat sheik fair with falco's fair or bair.

-and yes shinegrab is really strong against sheik, especially when your shine isnt stale.

in general to land a strong hit/combo starter on sheik, you have to correctly call out her approaches, jumps, or OOS options.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I actually love this MU, but I'll try to put in my list of things.

-Pillar via shine insta DJ fallthrough nair and then utilt full jump fall through dair etc

-If she wants to approach you with all but the best of aerials, you can WD in and utilt 9/10 times. Bair is a bit harder to space around, but if you're already in the air, your falling dair is a super strong tool to beat her up.

-Lots of combos on Sheik won't be true, so use lasers and super well spaced aerials to keep it going. Lasers piss her off and kill momentum, and then I like to perfectly space bair so her fair can't catch me when I'm making a slightly questionable combo extension.

-Second hit uair is really good if she's above you post 100%. If you learn the timing for it, go for it. It's not as hard as some people wanna say it is.

-If she's doing some platform BS, go under the plat and SH delayed FF uair to harry her. This will work unless they're super amazing at shield dropping.

-Watch out for nair OoS. It's just as fast as your shine OoS (but shinegrab still wins).

-Because she wants a grab, she'll do a lot to get it. You can CC almost everything before 45%, though, so abuse that.

-Fadeaway dair is actually super amazing OoS in this MU because she'll just commit to a boost grab if you're in shield and you get free punishes off of it.

-My execution hasn't been on point for it yet, but I'm pretty sure that you can nairplane them around 50% if they screw up their DI.

IDK, I love this MU so much. Feel free to ask. My bro plays Sheik, too, which makes it better.

OH ALSO LOW LASERS STOP HER DASH.

ChrisRoxal

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChrisRoxal
Like the man said shine grab is beautiful, against the Sheiks I have played if they dont DI well Shine bair is a kill move, I think comboing her should be fairly simple in a stage with platforms, for me I combo her with shine dair and utilts, this should almost always work.

For neutral I would say that you dont want to shoot to many lasers when your close to her, she can punish those decenty well if the player knows what he is doing

Sheik hates spaced aerials and shild pressure so I would say practice both

Last edited:
Top Bottom