• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Sheik.

Ouroboro

Smash Cadet
I've recently run into an issue against good Sheik players. If anyone can throw some tips my way that would be awesome.

So here are the specifics of what I've been having issues with.

- Sheik can crouch under my laser pressure.

-Sheik can null and void any benefit I might get from laser pressure by just throwing a needle through my lasers.

-Sheik can crouch cancel just about all of my options early in percent. She can duck under my grab for example.
Crouch cancel dtitlt battles always seem to ensue, which I tend to lose. She can crouch cancel and punish SideB and Nair as well.

-Ftilt is super quick, a lot of range, and can knock me away upon approach. Chains into combos and Fairs/stocks. 30-40 percent almost guaranteed whenever she hits one. Which is often.

-Her ability to drop down Bair is killer against ZSS's recovery. I'm really good at tether delaying and whizzing around edgeguarding opponents, (IMO), but that bair gets me way too often.

-She is just as quick as ZSS. I tend to evade and run away instead of shield because of her terrible OOS game, but I always get hit, it seems, by a fast dash attack.

-it feels like Sheik can tilt my shield like a noob and get away with it because WD back/forward, Roll, jump, UpB OOS, are all bleh options that quickly become readable or simply punished by the speed and range of the tilt.

Overall, the only things I can do in this match-up is try and catch my opponent off-guard and do my best to juggle and carry the combo string along. Shiek's Combo breaking Nair though seems to throw a wrench into my plan half the time. Also, edge-guarding Sheik gets me most of my kills due to the predictable recovery, so at least I have that. The Neutral game seems to highly benefit Sheik and her amazing tools. I'm aware I can CC most Sheiks options as well, but because of how fast her options are I never react in time unless i can read the option, which i don't always think i can do.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
when sheik goes in on the ground run away and pivot grab. Get underneath her and uair her. Always always tether reel edge hog her, then when she is forced onstage d-smash her landing lag and followup.

the OOS stuff though, ZSS truly does have a terrible OOS game. I really want up-d to have disjointed hitboxes at the base for OOS. You could try the G&W OOS option which would be to just get really high fast, by using tapjump+up-B to get a plasma wire boost, you still have a jump left at that point so if you feel more comfortable landing than in shield pressure that's a strategy that could work.

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As far as oos stuff goes, just don't be predictable. You actually have WD toward to punish defensive follow-ups, WD away to punish poke attempts, roll towards to dodge attacks and gain positional advantage, roll away to keep roll towards potent, spot-dodge to avoid attacks and punish, uair to punish from long range in front and anti-air, bair to punish standing behind, and usmash and Plasma Wire to punish jumps. There are a lot of things you can do, the only thing is there's nothing that you can just spam to win. Above all you must remain patient while in shield and learn what your opponent likes to do so you can punish. Just be leery of when your opponent is also learning you and if they are do something stupid from time to time.

I don't know what else to tell you. ZSS's oos problems aren't something that can be buffed away except by making the game less interesting. Honestly more characters should have these problems rather than fewer.

Top Bottom