• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Reflected projectiles (via shine)

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
As a YL, we all like to throw things

and as a YL, we hate it when people can throw our things back at us no matter the method.

We all know that from shielding/power shielding its easy to jump and grab the bomb. But what can we do with projectiles launched back at us with shine? Is it actually possible to regrab the projectile? i thought it wasnt possible because i kept getting blown up by my bomb

anyways this is a very informal post, but basically lets discuss this.

Brando550

Smash Cadet
I don't have enough experience with people using shine to counter my projectiles. And when they do, I'm usually not in the way of the projectile whenever it gets bounced back or away.

If you're able to get hit by your own projectile when it's reflected back, then personally, I think you need to adjust your positioning and the times at which you use your projectiles. This is a sign to me that you're being too predictable with them and the opponent knows how to stop you before you even begin.

Maybe give some more detail. Like, are you on the ground when you throw it at them?

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
this isnt in a real match, this is VS cpu ai

But the possibility of someone using shine for its intended purpose is still pretty high i imagine. thats why; i want to be ready for these situations

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's sort of like when Marth's throw out counters; you can condition, react, adapt, and then punish.

There are many ways to do this, so experiment.

One obvious way is to triangle jump through reflected bomb if you are mid air. You have time to react to seeing their shine come out, if you can tell it's going to hit their shine then you know they will be stuck in shine for a long time. You can triangle jump down forwards past returned bomb land and grab them or any other punish. If they shine in air even better since you can shark them from below and start Up-Air strings.

One of the easiest ways is to alternate always Boomerang and bombs and don't always rush in after a projectile throw even when it will confirm. Be unpredictable. Against a CPU you can't practice this since they are frame perfect most of the time and do things humans don't as you obviously know. Against a human just have fun and mess with them if they get shine happy, it's not a punish less tactic, thank fully space animals aren't THAT broken and can't afford to spam it.

Top Bottom