• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Pit

HydroStorm

Smash Rookie
I always seem to have the most trouble against pit. He's the only one I can't do very well against. Anyone have tips on fighting him or is he just a cheap character?

dren

Smash Rookie
Snake's ftilt has equal priority to pit's forward B and ftilt combo. If you're fighting a Pit who like to spam Pit's forward B you can easily punish it by spamming Snake's ftilt combo. If the Pit you are fighting is spamming Pit's ftilt combo you will probably need to try a grenade defense. Pit gets the second hit of his ftilt out before Snake can throw out another knee and you'll get punished. I want to try using Snake's knee to cancel the first hit of Pit's ftilt and following it up with a neutral A combo, a dodge, or a shield to see if there's other options there but I haven't gotten the chance yet. It's usually a bad idea to try to roll through Pit's forward B so try to avoid doing that.

If you try to Cypher over Pit and drop C4, be aware that he can shoot an arrow straight up and knock you off the top of the screen, even at low percentages. When Pit's got you in the air you can pull a grenade and let him blow you both up when he hits you, drop C4 on him, try to get in position to hit him with Snake's back air on your way down, or try to land where you have C4 planted so he'll get blown up for trying to get in position to upsmash you. Air dodging through Pit's upsmash doesn't work too well since Pit's upsmash has two hits to it. You'll dodge the first but probably get hit by the second.

If the Pit you are fighting is spamming arrows, crawl and dodge your way toward him then punish with a down tilt. Snake's down tilt has good range.

As always with Snake, keep your nades, C4, and prox mine in play to reduce your opponent's options. A good Pit will probably hit your prox mine with an arrow, so the prox mine is less important but can still be useful to keep him away from a spot where he likes to spam arrows at you. Edge guard against Pit with the nikita and/or high mortar shots. Cheese him with Snake's grab.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
That's all well and good, but you've forgotten Pit's sheild. Here's the trick- throw him when he has his shield up. Or lay C4 on him, run, and wait for his shield to go down (he can't hold it forever). The second one's theoretical- haven't tried it our myself, yet. And Pit's shield can deflect Grenedes and the Nikita. can actually block damage from nearby explosions.

dren

Smash Rookie
The Pit player I fought hardly used the shield. He did, however, use Pit's shield on a mortar I shot. The shield did not affect the trajectory of the mortar at all but did reflect the mortar, and when it landed I was damaged by it. I feel like if you've got Pit relying on his shield you're already winning since you can use the opportunity to get close and mess him up.

Top Bottom