• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs marth throw game a few questions

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"If marth DI's away from you, you can chain grab him again to fairly high percents, if he doesnt DI you can chaingrab him to like 40-50% or something. But marth can get outta this if he DI's back and jumps. If you find a stupid marth that DI's back and doesnt jump you can do a tipper upsmash for good damage."

quote from drephen..pretty standard knowledge though..but i still have a few questions

so is it better to di slightly behind and up or completely behind them? i've heard conflicting information on that

what are sheik's options if they di behind you and are going to jump..i didn't realize that the upsmash doens't hit if they jump out..i just noticed that it never seemed to hit me...figured my opponent was just being slow on the timing.

but i'm guessing some possible options for sheik would be to wait for them to jump out and then aerial them?

ok and another thing..in a ken vs kdj match ken keeps getting comboed from dthrow ftilt to dash attack

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WpSBcoad3nU

the first time it happens is at 1:38.

Sheik dthrows, marth di's behind, but doesn't jump out..(i dunno if he has time for that at that percentage or not)..and then sheik ftilts backwards...follows up with a dash attack.

So what should marth have done there? couldn't he have jumped out before the dash attack? or is he just worried that if he double jumps sheik will follow with an fair instead?

Anyways, i'm wondering what marth should have done...and whether ftilting behind me from a dthrow as sheik will alwyas work or not

the ftilt to dash attack happens again at 3:00

did marth di properly there? not sure what he did..didn't look like he had time to jump out..was the damage too low to di away far enough to be able to jump out?

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
so is it better to di slightly behind and up or completely behind them? i've heard conflicting information on that
Completly behind him, gives you pretty good combo oppurtunities.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
you mean it gives marth better combo opportunities? that seems odd..the most he can do is double jump out and try to aerial..though i guess that's better than nothing..but most likely he's just going to get hit by sheik again..if he tries to jump out sheik will jump out and bair or something...and if he doesn't he gets tilted

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
most of my questions still haven't been addressed..but anyways i'm done some experimenting in training mode..it seems that if marth di's behind and down or up then he ends up in position for an uptilt..while if he di's totally behind he's in position for a dtilt..personally at high damage i would go for the uptilt and hopefully jump out after it..at low damage the uptilt will lead to ftilt and then aerial of course

i still am unsure what to do when diing away from teh sheik..when can marth jump out..should he di away fully then jump? or try to di away and up and then jump?

Top Bottom