• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs. Little Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatthefluff

Smash Rookie
So I was in a tournament yesterday and someone there told me that to beat little mac all I gotta do is sit in the corner and throw him off. The guy who told me is really good so I listened. Later in the tourney I played a little mac (in the top 16 of 74) and did exactly that. I 3-stocked him in one game and believe I 2-stocked the other. Earlier today I 2-stocked a little mac in for glory with the same tactic. Is there any solid counter to this other than mindgames or will this ruin little mac?

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Additionally, I made a thread labeled "Dash technique" on this forum. and if you look at what it suggests (I.e. carrying your forward momentem via instant dash-interrupt-to-roll combo) you can actually swing behind the wannabe grab spammer and deliver the hurt.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
More or less that tactic is to just beat the scrubby impatient Macs. All Mac has to do is walk his way in and pressure with ftilt and just try to force an action without over committing.

Whatthefluff

Smash Rookie
Well how about if they camp with projectiles on top of it? Then you can't approach that easily and it becomes improbable that you can do so without getting grabbed.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You can still approach just fine and it doesn't really increase the chances of you getting grabbed. The game plan is still the same. Patiently walk yourself into the corner(while dealing with projectiles through either power shielding or jabbing them) and then just apply safe pressure. It requires a good deal more patience though. I'm not saying it's easy for Mac, but it's definitely doable and if you get the better reads then Mac will do fine.

Whatthefluff

Smash Rookie
Alright I think I can see it. It's sort of whoever has more patience and better reads wins in that case.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is the biggest downfall for anyone going against any better-than-bad Little Mac. it seems like any easy strat but just think of friendlies on walk-off stages: people sometimes resort to camping the sides and going for an easy back throw (in this case though, unless your character has a good bthrow you'll likely follow with an aerial). Treat it as the same concept. as little mac, of course you're not going to run up there and expect good things :p

Last edited:

Doroco

Smash Cadet
as a strong independent jigglypuff i will camp ledge from 0% until you come towards me. If i have more % than you i would rather make you wait 5 minutes then deal with that low lag

Edit: also for edge guarding, if you do an upsmash for people with auto locking recoveries (basically everyone) it will hit the guy grabbing ledge from below

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Actually... I see the legitimacy in this haha.

At a certain distance from the edge you take away his side special tool. If he attempts to use it at this certain range he risks a suicide. What a simple thing.

Whatthefluff

Smash Rookie
Well of course. I mean it did work in the tournament. It's just if Little Mac is wiser then it becomes less of a problem for him.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
It's an effective strategy for now because Little Macs are still new. Once they experience that kind of defeat once, they won't fall into the same trap as long as they somewhat know what they are doing. I've 2-stocked in For Glory twice because of this. And....now I know not rush the ledge anymore. In a few weeks, no Little Mac main should ever fall victim to this strategy

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Honestly unless you're going for a hard read or ranged punish you don't really need side-b anyway. :p It's a pretty big commitment and is punishable on shield and hit at low %s.

Doroco

Smash Cadet
if little macs learn to not go near edge like how other characters learned to camp edge it will turn into a sitting war with neither party having a reason to approach, atleast in melee puff dittos people tried to hit with attacks.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
There's no reason it should be two people standing at opposite sides of the stage doing nothing unless one of them is dumb and don't realize that they don't have the % lead. Unless we're talking about cheesing wins in For Glory or something lol. Then maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom