• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Gannondorf

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
All I can offfer in my experience is feeling good whooping him for once with Samus. Samus just has something thats easy to enter on Ganon without get kicked or B****slapped with electricity fists.

Myles5000

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf is honestly just a bad MU for Ivy. Despite the fact that you're faster and can space well, very few of Ivy's attacks will clank with Ganon's, meaning that if you both throw out a hitbox, more often than not Ganon's will win without even trading. A good example is Wizard's Foot. The only moves Ivy has that can clank that are up smash and seed bomb, as down smash goes under him, forward smash puts your hurtbox on top of the foot, and neither tilts nor razor leaf are strong enough.
You basically have to respect every single move Ganon makes because he can punish really hard and you really can't stop him from bullying you. My best advice is to wait until he's in end lag from a move and try to get a grab; then throw him offstage. The only way Ivy wins is if she capitalizes on pretty much every edgeguard.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Ganondorf is one of the easiest match-ups for Ivysaur out there. If you're losing, it's because you're being careless with your spacing or don't know HOW to space.

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
For real though. All you have to do is space well, respect his priority, and punish his huge lag once he throws a move out. I've never had an issue with this matchup.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
bair and bair and bair.

with good spacing, like koz said. throw out some razor leaves at a good distance to keep him on his toes.

but mostly bair. it's hard for ganon to deal with well spaced bairs.

Top Bottom