• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Fox

DashNoob

Smash Cadet
I Can´t win. I just Cant, tryed everything but still my friend´s fox keeps on getting from out of my whip´s range to my nose in no time, any advise, tips? I can beat my friend with olimar but I want to main Zamus cuz her moveset is more of my taste but that matchup (and Pit for that matter) seems really hard.

Eten

Smash Ace
I know what you mean on having a better character but wanting to main Zamus because of her moveset is more to your taste. It's commendable.

I'll be the first to go. We need more info on what happens to be even more helpful!

DashNoob

Smash Cadet
Well it seems that my aproach after running out of suit parts decreases in a great amount. I cant aproah fox in a "safe" way cuz most of his aerials seem to have multiple hits so even if i dodge one the second or third will interrupt my attack so i may be doing something wrong.

My aproach goes from dash atk to blaster and to the down B move, but it seems that even if i suprise my opponent,even then, he can counter atk. It pisses me off, i mean, in my point of view Zamus has better moveset than most of the characters but its kinda tricky (just 5 days maining).

Aside from my aproach i think my killing moves are kinda predictable but that will improve with time and practice so im not that worried on that right now,is just the aproaching and maybe the middle game (damage racking) that just doesnt seem to work against fox.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Dash attack is my main approach if my opponent is level with me. If they're above, I perform a dashing usmash. If they're below me, I'll get level or under them asap.

If your foe is farther away, pressure them with the stun gun. B-down is a nice approach for a surprise sex kick and invincibility frames.

If your opponent is shield grabbing your dash attacks, switch things up to grabs. Grabs are wonderful combo builders for Zamus. You can chainthrow with fthrow, just never do it more than twice in a row. Dthrow leads to aerial combos.

Dash attack is a better approach because it sets up for all of your tilts and dsmash. Dsmash sets up for pretty much anything you want. Tilts set up for combos.

shield>attack - attack>grab - grab>shield <--the rock paper scissors of smash bros (sorta)

uair, bair, b-side are my main killing moves. There are other ones, but these are the most effective.

Top Bottom