• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Fox on yoshi's

winrus

Smash Rookie
I heard somewhere that Hbox believes that yoshi's is the best stage for puff vs. fox. Is there any truth to this? It sounds pretty backwards to me.

Massive

Smash Champion
He's right.

Since yoshi's is so small, puff's hitboxes occupy a larger amount of the stage and make it easier to cover fox's options.
The stage's small size also means that fox can't run away effectively, rendering the most effective anti-puff strategy (run away laser) substantially less effective.

Also, rests on yoshi's almost always kill. Puff dies only a few % higher than she would on battlefield or FD, and the platforms let her escape throws and followups more easily.

tl;dr: on yoshi's there's nowhere for campy fox to run away to.

yawns56k

Smash Rookie
My favorite stage is Yoshi's in general so probably some bias when I say Yoshi's is a favorite for the MU lol.
But in this matchup IMO I feel like BF & YS are pretty even.
On Yoshi's, as mentioned above, rest kills like, always, b/c of the small blastzones, though you gotta consider this can also mean Up-Smash akin kills like, always. So, Rest will usually get you killed too. Usually, it's worth the trade tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BF is similar in that way, and you can live Nair and Bair at higher %. BF also doesn't have walls to ride and sweetspotting the edge.
Of course, the biggest factor on Yoshi's is that Randall was manufactured to save Foxes from Edgeguards.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Do the platforms on Fountain mess with Puff or something? I would think that would be her best stage in the MU.

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
On the platforms versus fox on yoshi's, you can light shield and slid off up air a fox if they miss-space their , leading to an easy edge guard as the stage is super small. Know the timing for randle and this is an easy stage for puff.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I like Yoshi's against fox for the reason that fox doesn't have the room to run. Not only does this give him less options, it also makes getting him offstage a little bit easier.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
Dont let fox get under you, keep the match-up more horizontal, fox will have a harder time killing that way, so basically just avoid up-airs cause they kill so early

jbvh

sicdf
I think there is some truth to it, but it's only if you maintain good horizontal spacing. Otherwise, you'll lose trades easily and the occasional utilt will just send you into the blast zones. I believe Yoshi's is a good training ground for consistent spacing and platform control (especially your nair crossups and shffl uairs) as you're constantly weaving to avoid the Fox doing any sort of follow-up oddness. It's very easy for Fox to jump platforms on Yoshi's and chain uairs. I enjoy the stage for the same reasons a lot of these guys do. The off-stage antics are always in Puff's favor and this stage is no different--just less WoP'ing. It is also an interesting stage for the edges.

Top Bottom