• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs. Falco tips

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Falco is probably my worst matchup, as I have difficulty approaching him (lasers almost always make me awkward and slow, and whenever I try to fly over the shots he just jumps up and hits me with some aerial or something @_@

tips?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Something Dr. DrewtheDragon said at a tournament I went to last week:

"Falco counters Jigglypuff, until the Jigglypuff grabs Falco. Then it's like, 'oops, I just lost a stock.'"

Yeah, Falco is really tough. Try ducking under the lasers and wavedashing towards him in between shots. The Falco can still hit you with his lasers, but it's really tough and some people don't know how.

At low %, upthrow to rest. If you can't grab, get him off the edge and edgeguard (knock him out of his forward-b with fair, out of his fire when he hasn't moved yet with fair, or out of his fire while moving with bair).

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
fighting space animals in general is all about patience. in my experience, if i usually wait and the match goes longer i have more in favor of winning cuz mathematically speaking the more time you play the more opportunities are presented to you. and the less time i play in a match against spaceys the worse i usually do since puff really doesn't have too much on spaceys except edgeguarding and rests. of course these are huge so you have to capitalize on every opportunity.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Powershielding is always nice too...just practice a little and you should be able to do it with 25% consistency or better.

@ihatethecape - I think I might adopt this strategy against space animals for all my characters. Since their recoveries are easy to gimp, it makes sense that you want to draw out the match as much as possible...just play really evasive/campy until you get an opportunity.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I usually try and keep the pressure on them, because I've found that letting a space animal dictate the match results in a very frustrating loss. If you try and sit back and wait for opportunities, they're just going to laser you to rack up damage, and then you're just one smash away from death. I freakin' hate Fox and Falco.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I find that against Fonz's or anyone in TAs Falco that the only thing you can really do is grab.. grabs make Falco only have alittle adv in the fight vs. being a total counter like fox.. Uthrow (obiously), and B/Fthrow to get them off the stage... other than mindgaming in grabs Jiggs can't really do much.. in this match more than most you really need to utilize your wavedash.. yee.

Top Bottom